New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups
HARRISON, N.J. - New York Red Bulls defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan will join the United States Men's National team for an International Friendly against El Salvador in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on Wednesday, December 9.
Long and Duncan will head to Fort Lauderdale on Monday, November 30 for national team camp.
Long heads back for international duty for the first time since captaining the USMNT in a 2-0 win over Costa Rica in an International Friendly on February 1 at Dignity Health Sports Park. The Oak Hills, California, native missed out on the last two International Friendlies as the USMNT roster was exclusively made up of players playing professionally outside the United States due to the MLS season still underway and playoffs upcoming.
When Long has earned a senior national team call-up, he has amassed 17 starts, including the captain's armband three times, with three goals and one assist in 1,432 minutes played. He has helped anchor the USMNT to eight clean sheets and a 10-5-2 record when he starts on the backline.
ï»¿Duncan earns his first senior team call-up after multiple call-ups at the youth national team level, including appearances at the Under-18 squad. The New York, New York, native has logged two appearances for his country with the U-18 team against the Germany U-18 team in December of 2014.
Duncan had a career year for New York as he tallied season highs in goals (3), assists (4), games played (23), games started (21) and minutes played (1,908). He tallied his first career multi-point performance with one goal and two assists in the season opener against FC Cincinnati on March 1 and followed up with the game-winning goal against New York City FC on August 20.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent New York Red Bulls Stories
- New York and Toronto Draw 1-1 at BMO Field on Wednesday Night
- Red Bulls Travel North for Mid-Week Matchup against Toronto FC
- New York Red Bulls Match against Inter Miami CF Postponed
- Red Bulls Finish Two-Match Homestand on Saturday against Inter Miami CF
- New York Red Bulls Match against Toronto FC on July 21 Moved to BMO Field