Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team
CHICAGO (Nov. 30, 2020) - Chicago Fire FC announced today that midfielder Djordje MihailoviÄ and defender/midfielder Mauricio Pineda have been called up to the U.S. Men's National Team. Pineda earns his first call up to the senior U.S. Men's National Team and MihailoviÄ returns to the USMNT ahead of the team's upcoming match against El Salvador on Dec. 9 in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. Players began reporting to camp today.
The game versus El Salvador will be the team's third match in less than a month after tying Wales 0-0 on Nov. 12 at Liberty Stadium in Swansea, Wales, and defeating Panama 6-2 on Nov. 16 at Wiener Neustadter Stadion in Wiener Neustadt, Austria. Kickoff for the USMNT's first match at the home of Inter Miami CF in Fort Lauderdale is set for 6:30 p.m. CT, and will be broadcast live on an ESPN Network, UniMÃ¡s and TUDN.
MihailoviÄ returns to USMNT camp after earning five caps for the senior team in 2019, including two Gold Cup appearances. He was also named to the U.S. U-23 Men's National Team roster that traveled to Guadalajara, Mexico, for the 2020 Concacaf Men's Olympic Qualifying in March 2020 before the tournament was postponed due to COVID-19 concerns.
Pineda will join the senior USMNT for the first time after participating at the U-18 and U-20 MNT levels. Pineda was recently named Chicago's Defensive Player of the Year after a promising rookie season. The Homegrown Player was a consistent presence on the backline, registering a team-high 2,022 minutes. With 23 starts in 2020, Pineda became the first Homegrown Player in Club history to start in every match of a rookie campaign.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Fire FC Stories
- Chicago Fire FC Becomes First Professional Sports Team to Partner with Illinois Diversity Council
- Chicago Fire FC and D.C. United Battle to 2-2 Draw at Soldier Field
- Chicago Fire FC Announce Second Annual RAISE for P.L.A.Y.S. Fundraiser
- Chicago Fire FC Adds Midfielder Stanislav Ivanov to Active Roster
- Chicago Fire FC to Play Two Matches at Soldier Field this Week