LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy announced today the club's roster decisions in accordance with the 2020 MLS club deadline to submit Bona Fide Offers and Exercise Options.
The Galaxy have exercised contract options on the following players: goalkeeper Justin Vom Steeg, defender Diedie Traore, midfielder Kai Koreniuk and forward Ethan Zubak. Additionally, midfielder Sacha Kljestan has agreed to terms for a new contract with the club, pending final paperwork.
The LA Galaxy have declined the options of the following players: midfielder Joe Corona, defender Emiliano Insua, midfielder Emil Cuello, forward Yony Gonzalez, goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann and forward Gordon Wild.
The following players will have their loans expire on Dec. 31, 2020: forward Cristian Pavon (Boca Juniors) and midfielder Carlos Harvey (LA Galaxy II on loan from Tauro F.C.). The LA Galaxy currently remain in negotiations with Pavon and Boca Juniors and Harvey and Tauro F.C.
The club also currently remains in negotiations with the following players: goalkeeper Jonathan Klinsmann, midfielder Joe Corona, defender Emiliano Insua, goalkeeper David Bingham (out of contract), defender Rolf Feltscher (out of contract) and Perry Kitchen (out of contract).
The following players remain under contract for the 2021 MLS Season: goalkeeper Eric Lopez, defender Nick DePuy, defender Daniel Steres, defender Julian Araujo, defender Danilo Acosta, defender Giancarlo Gonzalez, midfielder Jonathan dos Santos, midfielder Sebastian Lletget, midfielder Efrain Alvarez, midfielder Jonathan Perez, forward Cameron Dunbar and forward Javier Hernandez.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from November 30, 2020
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions - LA Galaxy
- Cole Bassett, Sam Vines & Kellyn Acosta Called up to USMNT December Camp - Colorado Rapids
- Nashville SC's Walker Zimmerman Called up for International Duty - Nashville SC
- Chicago Fire FC Midfielder Djordje Mihailovic and Defender/Midfielder Mauricio Pineda Called up to U.S. Men's National Team - Chicago Fire FC
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly - LA Galaxy
- Frankie Amaya called up to U.S. Men's National Team - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Defenders Aaron Long and Kyle Duncan Earn U.S. Men's National Team Call-Ups - New York Red Bulls
- Toronto FC Announces Off-Season Roster Moves - Toronto FC
- Timbers Defender Marco Farfan Called up by U.S. Men's National Team - Portland Timbers
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team - Orlando City SC
- Two Philadelphia Union Players to Join USMNT for Upcoming Friendly - Philadelphia Union
- D.C. United Players, Paul Arriola and Bill Hamid, Selected for USMNT Training Camp - D.C. United
- Real Salt Lake Goalkeeper David Ochoa Called to U.S. National Team Camp - Real Salt Lake
- Whitecaps FC Announce First Roster Moves Ahead of 2021 - Vancouver Whitecaps FC
- D.C. United Announce End-Of-Season Roster Decisions - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Announce 2020 Club Award Winners - San Jose Earthquakes
- New York Red Bulls Announce End of Year Roster Decisions - New York Red Bulls
- Sporting KC Playoff Match Rescheduled for Thursday - Sporting Kansas City
- Chicago Fire FC Declines 2021 Contract Option for Midfielder Brandt Bronico - Chicago Fire FC
- MLS Announces Changes to Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Schedule to Reach Broader Audience - MLS
- MNUFC Western Conference Semifinal Game at Kansas City Moved to December 3 on Fox - Minnesota United FC
- #SEAvFCD: Five Facts You Need to Know - FC Dallas
- Real Salt Lake Announces 2021 Roster Decisions - Real Salt Lake
- Contract Extension for Romell Quioto - Club de Foot Montreal
- Forward Maximiliano Urruti Successfully Undergoes Surgery - Club de Foot Montreal
- Nashville SC Loses in Extra Time to Columbus Crew SC in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs - Nashville SC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- Los Angeles Releases Official Campaign Video in Bid to Host FIFA World Cup 2026™
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 1-1 Draw at Home against Houston Dynamo FC at Dignity Health Sports Park on Wednesday Night
- LA Galaxy 2022 Season Ticket Memberships on Sale Now
- LA Galaxy Defender Oniel Fisher Called up to Jamaica Men's National Team
- LA Galaxy Fight Back to Earn 3-3 Draw on the Road against LAFC at Banc of California Stadium on Saturday Night