Condors win Division, begin Kelly Cup Playoffs in Victoria
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. - The Condors have captured their second straight Pacific Division Championship and will play the first round of the Kelly Cup Playoffs against the Victoria Salmon Kings. The best-of-five series will begin on Monday.
Bakersfield finished the season with 86 points, boasting a record of 42-27-2-2. Their point total was tied with the Stockton Thunder, although the Condors held the tie breaker of overall wins. Bakersfield's late-season rally saw them claim at least a point in 13 of their final 15 games (12-2-0-1), surging from 6th in the conference to 2nd in the final five weeks.
The Pacific Division Title is the second in as many years, and also the second in franchise history. The Condors finished second overall in the Western Conference behind Alaska, who earned a 1st round bye.
The Condors will play the first two games on the road before returning to Bakersfield on Friday, April 8. The first round schedule is listed below:
Game 1 - Bakersfield @ Victoria - Mon, 4/4 - 7:05pm Game 2 - Bakersfield @ Victoria - Tue, 4/5 - 7:05pm Game 3 - Victoria @ Bakersfield - Fri, 4/8 - 7:00pm Game 4 - Victoria @ Bakersfield - Sat, 4/9 - 7:00pm (if necessary) Game 5 - Victoria @ Bakersfield - Mon, 4/11 - 7:00pm (if necessary)
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2011
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Nailers Single Game Playoff Tickets on Sale Monday - Wheeling Nailers
- Playoffs Open Tuesday in Utah: First Round Playoff Preview - Utah Grizzlies
- Holtby Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Schedule for Conference Quarterfinals of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Alaska Wins Brabham Cup - ECHL
- Jackals Head to Playoffs Following 4-1 Loss to K-Wings - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Finish Season With 5-2 Win in Reading - Trenton Devils
- Thunder settles for 3rd seed in Conference, heads into playoffs with 7-1-3 run - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Captures First Round Home Ice Advantage, Announces Playoff Schedule vs. Utah - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Win Brabham Cup With 4-1 Victory - Alaska Aces
- Royals Announce 2010-11 Reading Eagle Fan's Choice Awards - Reading Royals
- Victoria closes out 2010-11 campaign with 4-1 loss against Alaska - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors win Division, begin Kelly Cup Playoffs in Victoria - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Edged in Regular Season Finale - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Closes Out Season With 6-4 Loss To Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Royals to Face Cincinnati Cyclones in Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Host Stockton Tuesday, Wednesday To Open Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho closes regular season with 6-4 victory - Idaho Steelheads
- J.P. Lamoureux Leads Utah To 2-1 Shootout Win In Return - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Downed by Devils, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Condors fall in shootout 2-1, win Pacific Division - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo Closes Regular Season with 4-1 Win Over Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Announces Playoff Slogan and Round One Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- South Carolina Stingrays Playoff Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- $5 tickets on sale now for first round matchup between Victoria and Bakersfield - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.