Royals to Face Cincinnati Cyclones in Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Toronto Maple Leafs and Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League and the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League, today announced the game dates for the team's best-of-five Eastern Conference Quarter-Final Playoff Series. The first round series pits the Royals, the second seed in the Eastern Conference playoffs, and the Cincinnati Cyclones, the seventh seed. The series, which will be played in a two-two-one format, will kick off with Game One at the Sovereign Center in Reading, Pennsylvania, on Tuesday, April 5, at 7:05 pm. Game Two will be at the Sovereign Center on Wednesday, April 6 (@7:05 pm). The series will then move to U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio, for Games Three and Four (if necessary), on Friday and Saturday (April 8 and 9). If necessary, the series will return to the Sovereign Center for Game Five on Monday, April 11 (@7:05 pm).
The game dates and times are set out below.
Eastern Conference Quarter-Final Best-of-Five Series: Reading Royals (2) v Cincinnati Cyclones (7)
Game One: Cincinnati at Reading - Tuesday, April 5 @ 7:05 p.m.
Game Two: Cincinnati at Reading - Wednesday, April 6 @ 7:05 p.m.
Game Three: Reading at Cincinnati - Friday, April 8 @ 7:35 p.m.
Game Four: Reading at Cincinnati - Saturday, April 9 @ 7:35 p.m. (if necessary)
Game Five: Cincinnati at Reading - Monday, April 11 @ 7:05 p.m. (if necessary)
The Royals kick off the Kelly Cup Playoffs with Game One of the best-of-five Eastern Conference Quarter-Final series against the Cincinnati Cyclones on Tuesday, April 5 @ 7:05 pm at the Sovereign Center. The game night broadcast will kick off with the pre-game warm-up show presented by The Works at Wyomissing at 6:35 pm on WRAW 1340 am and on the internet at www.1340wraw.com. You can also catch all of the Royals away games this season on Royals TV exclusively on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines. Season tickets for the Royals' 2010-11 season are currently available. To become a part of Royals hockey, call 610-898-PUCK or log onto www.royalshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2011
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Nailers Single Game Playoff Tickets on Sale Monday - Wheeling Nailers
- Playoffs Open Tuesday in Utah: First Round Playoff Preview - Utah Grizzlies
- Holtby Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Schedule for Conference Quarterfinals of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Alaska Wins Brabham Cup - ECHL
- Jackals Head to Playoffs Following 4-1 Loss to K-Wings - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Finish Season With 5-2 Win in Reading - Trenton Devils
- Thunder settles for 3rd seed in Conference, heads into playoffs with 7-1-3 run - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Captures First Round Home Ice Advantage, Announces Playoff Schedule vs. Utah - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Win Brabham Cup With 4-1 Victory - Alaska Aces
- Royals Announce 2010-11 Reading Eagle Fan's Choice Awards - Reading Royals
- Victoria closes out 2010-11 campaign with 4-1 loss against Alaska - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors win Division, begin Kelly Cup Playoffs in Victoria - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Edged in Regular Season Finale - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Closes Out Season With 6-4 Loss To Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Royals to Face Cincinnati Cyclones in Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Host Stockton Tuesday, Wednesday To Open Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho closes regular season with 6-4 victory - Idaho Steelheads
- J.P. Lamoureux Leads Utah To 2-1 Shootout Win In Return - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Downed by Devils, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Condors fall in shootout 2-1, win Pacific Division - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo Closes Regular Season with 4-1 Win Over Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Announces Playoff Slogan and Round One Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- South Carolina Stingrays Playoff Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- $5 tickets on sale now for first round matchup between Victoria and Bakersfield - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Royals Trade Future Considerations for Offensive Defenseman Patrick McNally
- Royals Sign Sixth and Seventh Defensemen Ryczek and Brandt to ECHL Deals
- Royals Announce Season Ticket Holder Preseason Party October 12 with Special Recon Live Episode Featuring Head Coach Kirk MacDonald
- Aston, Pa. Native McKenzie and UMass-Lowell Alumnus Hausinger Sign with Royals
- Single Game Tickets for Reading Royals Games Now on Sale