Jackals Head to Playoffs Following 4-1 Loss to K-Wings
Kalamazoo, Mich. - The Elmira Jackals (32-30-7-3) dropped their regular-season finale on Saturday night to the Kalamazoo Wings (40-24-2-6) at Wings Stadium, 4-1. The Jackals host the Greenville Road Warriors in games one and two of the first round of the 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs on Tuesday and Wednesday at First Arena.
Kory Karlander wristed a puck past the glove of Jackals goaltender Jared DeMichiel from the slot at 4:51 of the first period to put the K-Wings up 1-0.
At 8:16 of the first period on a Kalamazoo power play, Sam Ftorek wristed a puck in past the stick side of DeMichiel from the left circle to put the K-Wings up 2-0.
Yannick Tifu snuck a puck in from the left goal line past the skate of Kalamazoo goaltender Ryan Nie to bring the Jackals to within a goal, 2-1, at 10:51 of the middle frame.
Steven Tarasuk snapped a shot into the net from in front at 17:36 of the second on the power play to extend Kalamazoo's lead to 3-1.
Brandon Svendsen finished off the scoring at 19:46 of the second, driving a puck in from the left circle to give Kalamazoo a 4-1 advantage.
The Jackals are at home against the Road Warriors on Tuesday and Wednesday for games one and two of the best-of-five first round series. Both games start at 7:05 p.m.
Jackals fans have the opportunity to reserve their seats for the first six home playoff games this season by purchasing a playoff six pack, available by clicking here, by calling (607) 734-PUCK (7825), or by visiting the First Arena Box Office. This no-risk offer guarantees either a refund for any playoff games not played or a credit toward 2011-2012 Jackals season tickets. The six pack also offers a $2 discount per seat during the playoffs.
Individual tickets are priced at $25, $19, $15, and $13 depending on location. To purchase tickets call (607) 734-PUCK (7825), visit the First Arena Box Office,
Below is Elmira's first round schedule:
Game One: Elmira vs. Greenville, First Arena, Tuesday, Apr. 5, 7:05 p.m.
Game Two: Elmira vs. Greenville, First Arena, Wednesday, Apr. 6, 7:05 p.m.
Game Three: Elmira at Greenville, BI-LO Center, Friday, Apr. 8, 7:35 p.m.
Game Four (if necessary): Elmira at Greenville, BI-LO Center, Saturday, Apr. 9, 7:35 p.m.
Game Five (if necessary): Elmira at Greenville, BI-LO Center, Monday, Apr. 11, 7:35 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2011
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Nailers Single Game Playoff Tickets on Sale Monday - Wheeling Nailers
- Playoffs Open Tuesday in Utah: First Round Playoff Preview - Utah Grizzlies
- Holtby Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Schedule for Conference Quarterfinals of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Alaska Wins Brabham Cup - ECHL
- Jackals Head to Playoffs Following 4-1 Loss to K-Wings - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Finish Season With 5-2 Win in Reading - Trenton Devils
- Thunder settles for 3rd seed in Conference, heads into playoffs with 7-1-3 run - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Captures First Round Home Ice Advantage, Announces Playoff Schedule vs. Utah - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Win Brabham Cup With 4-1 Victory - Alaska Aces
- Royals Announce 2010-11 Reading Eagle Fan's Choice Awards - Reading Royals
- Victoria closes out 2010-11 campaign with 4-1 loss against Alaska - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors win Division, begin Kelly Cup Playoffs in Victoria - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Edged in Regular Season Finale - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Closes Out Season With 6-4 Loss To Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Royals to Face Cincinnati Cyclones in Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Host Stockton Tuesday, Wednesday To Open Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho closes regular season with 6-4 victory - Idaho Steelheads
- J.P. Lamoureux Leads Utah To 2-1 Shootout Win In Return - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Downed by Devils, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Condors fall in shootout 2-1, win Pacific Division - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo Closes Regular Season with 4-1 Win Over Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Announces Playoff Slogan and Round One Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- South Carolina Stingrays Playoff Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- $5 tickets on sale now for first round matchup between Victoria and Bakersfield - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.