$5 tickets on sale now for first round matchup between Victoria and Bakersfield
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Salmon Kings, proud affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks and Manitoba Moose, announced that the team will begin the 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs at home versus the Bakersfield Condors this Monday April 4th at 7:05 p.m. PST.
The 2010-11 regular season ended with Victoria with finishing in seventh place in the Western Conference, which means they take on the Pacific Division champions in the first round of the playoffs. The Condors clinched home-ice advantage for the series by winning the Pacific Division title and the second seed in the conference on the season's final night when they lost in a shootout 2-1 to the Utah Grizzlies. The single point gained versus Utah earned the Condors top spot in the Pacific Division and a first round date with the Salmon Kings.
Versus Bakersfield this season, Victoria registered a 3-4-0-0 record which included a 1-2-0-0 mark at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, and a 2-2-0-0 record away from home.
The best-of-five Western Conference quarterfinals series is a 2-3 format with the Salmon Kings hosting the first two games in the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre, while the final three contests will take place in Bakersfield at the Rabobank Arena.
This playoff series marks the third time that Victoria and Bakersfield will meet in the Kelly Cup Playoffs, as the Salmon Kings lost to the Condors 3-2 in the best-of-five conference quarterfinal series last year. In the 2008 Kelly Cup Playoffs, Victoria knocked off Bakersfield four games to two in a best-of-seven first round matchup.
The Salmon Kings are offering $5 tickets for the opening two home games of the 2010-11 Kelly Cup Playoffs. The discounted playoff ticket is available to fans in all standard-bowl seating (excluding club seats). There is no maximum of tickets allowed to buy, so make sure to get yours today before they sell out! Fans can purchase the discounted tickets online at www.selectyourtickets.com with the code word "GOKINGSGO". Tickets will also be available in person at the Select Your Tickets Box Office, or over the phone at 250-220-7777.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from April 3, 2011
- Stingrays Weekly: Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Transactions - April 3 - ECHL
- Nailers Single Game Playoff Tickets on Sale Monday - Wheeling Nailers
- Playoffs Open Tuesday in Utah: First Round Playoff Preview - Utah Grizzlies
- Holtby Named the MeiGray Group ECHL Alumnus of the Month - ECHL
- Stingrays Face Nailers in Opening Round of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Announces Schedule for Conference Quarterfinals of 2011 Kelly Cup Playoffs - ECHL
- Alaska Wins Brabham Cup - ECHL
- Jackals Head to Playoffs Following 4-1 Loss to K-Wings - Elmira Jackals
- Devils Finish Season With 5-2 Win in Reading - Trenton Devils
- Thunder settles for 3rd seed in Conference, heads into playoffs with 7-1-3 run - Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Captures First Round Home Ice Advantage, Announces Playoff Schedule vs. Utah - Stockton Thunder
- Aces Win Brabham Cup With 4-1 Victory - Alaska Aces
- Royals Announce 2010-11 Reading Eagle Fan's Choice Awards - Reading Royals
- Victoria closes out 2010-11 campaign with 4-1 loss against Alaska - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Condors win Division, begin Kelly Cup Playoffs in Victoria - Bakersfield Condors
- Wranglers Edged in Regular Season Finale - Las Vegas Wranglers
- Ontario Closes Out Season With 6-4 Loss To Idaho - Ontario Reign
- Royals to Face Cincinnati Cyclones in Eastern Conference Quarter-Finals - Reading Royals
- Road Warriors Announce First Round Playoff Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Grizzlies Host Stockton Tuesday, Wednesday To Open Playoffs - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho closes regular season with 6-4 victory - Idaho Steelheads
- J.P. Lamoureux Leads Utah To 2-1 Shootout Win In Return - Utah Grizzlies
- Royals Downed by Devils, 5-2 - Reading Royals
- Condors fall in shootout 2-1, win Pacific Division - Bakersfield Condors
- Kalamazoo Closes Regular Season with 4-1 Win Over Elmira - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo Announces Playoff Slogan and Round One Dates - Kalamazoo Wings
- South Carolina Stingrays Playoff Schedule - South Carolina Stingrays
- $5 tickets on sale now for first round matchup between Victoria and Bakersfield - Victoria Salmon Kings
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Victoria Salmon Kings Stories
- Royals' Pink In The Rink Almost Sold Out
- Former Salmon Kings' General Manager & Head Coach Named to Winnipeg Jets' AHL Staff
- Salmon Kings Withdraw from ECHL
- Salmon Kings' Season Ends with Game 4 Loss
- Alaska takes 3-0 series lead with 6-2 victory over Victoria