Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally
The El Paso Chihuahuas trailed by four runs in the fifth inning Wednesday before coming back to beat the Nashville Sounds 7-6. Allen Craig's two-out, bases-loaded RBI single in the bottom of the ninth gave the Chihuahuas their third walk-off win of the season. El Paso has won four of its last five games to reach a .500 record for the first time since May 30.
Craig's walk-off hit extended his hitting streak to nine games. Javy Guerra went 2-for-4, his second multi-hit game in his last four contests. Brett Nicholas hit a solo home run in the bottom of the eighth and is now fifth in the Pacific Coast League in RBIs and fourth in the PCL in extra-base hits.
Five of the Chihuahuas' last eight games have been decided by one run.
Rehabbing Major Leaguers: San Diego Padres outfielders Wil Myers and Franchy Cordero will be added to the Chihuahuas roster Thursday on MLB injury rehab.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/sounds-vs-chihuahuas/2018/06/13/542603#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=542603
Team Records: Nashville (30-33), El Paso (33-33)
Next Game: Thursday, 7:05 pm at Southwest University Park. Nashville RHP Edwin Jackson (0-1, 1.50) vs. El Paso RHP Brett Kennedy (3-0, 3.16). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
El Paso 7 Nashville 6 - Wednesday
WP: McGrath (2-2)
LP: Wahl (3-2)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Express Walkoff River Cats 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Martini's Blast Leads Sounds to Comeback Win - Nashville Sounds
- 'Birds Storm Back Late to Win in Extras - Memphis Redbirds
- Solid Pitching, Late Offensive Spurt Propel Cakes to Thursday Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno falls 4-1 Thursday night in NOLA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Even Series with 4-1 Win Thursday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Coming to Fresno" & "WonderDogs" Highlight Upcoming Grizz Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers to Air 15 Games Through YurView on Cox - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game - Nashville Sounds
- Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game - PCL
- Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony June 15 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (39-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-33) - Memphis Redbirds
- Emily Rose Hollins To Celebrate "Home Run For Life" Saturday With OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Begin Homestand with 6-2 Win over Las Vegas - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- I-Cubs Fold Aces - Iowa Cubs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Rainiers Over Storm Chasers, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Fall Late in Tacoma, 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Game Troubles Doom Sounds Again - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Take Road Trip Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Fall Just Short in 7-5 Loss to River Cats - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.