Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33)
Game #65: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Edwin Jackson (0-1, 1.50) vs. RHP Brett Kennedy (3-0, 3.16)
First Pitch: 8:05 CST
Radio: ALT 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
From the Notes
15 and Counting: Nick Martini extended his hitting streak to 15 games last night with a home run in the third inning. He's hitting .375 (24-for-64) with 11 runs, 5 RBI, 3 doubles, 1 home run and 4 walks during the streak that is tied for the second-longest active streak in the Pacific Coast League. Martini's streak is tied for the 12th-longest (Tony Gwynn, Jr. - '09, Brad Nelson - '07, Jason Wood - '00) by a Sounds player in the PCL era. Adam Hyzdu ('01) and Rich Thompson ('04) have had 16-game hitting streaks for the Sounds.
46 and Counting: Nick Martini extended his on-base streak to 46 games last night with a home run in the third inning. He's hitting .337 (55-for-163) with 30 runs, 21 RBI, 8 doubles, 4 home runs and 32 walks during the streak that is the longest in Minor League Baseball. Martini just surpassed Fresno's Tyler White who had a 45-game on-base streak from April 5-May 24. The 46-game streak is the longest by a Nashville Sounds player in the Pacific Coast League era.
Triple-Double: Outfielder Ramón Laureano had a season-high four hits last night including three doubles. He is the second Sounds player this season to notch three doubles in a single game. Slade Heathcott had three two-baggers on May 3 at Colorado Springs. Nashville had five doubles as a team last night, matching a season-high set on May 13 at Memphis.
Heating up in June: Despite their 3-8 record in the month of June, the Sounds are hitting .275 (103-for-375) as a team after hitting .249 in May and .235 in April. Nashville is averaging 4.45 runs per game, 9.36 hits per game, 3.09 extra-base hits per game and an OPS of .761.
One-Run Trouble: After beginning the season 11-4 in their first 15 one-run games, the Sounds have lost six of their last seven one-run games, including last night's, and are now 12-10 in the close decisions.
Boy oh Boyd: Outfielder BJ Boyd has reached base safely in 23 consecutive games on the road. During the streak, Boyd is hitting .278 (25-for-90) with 9 RBI, 5 runs, 3 doubles, 1 home run and 8 walks.
What's the word around Nashville?
Nashville Sounds (@nashvillesounds)
Our first All-Star! Congratulations to Sounds' athletic trainer Brad LaRosa who has been named the athletic trainer for the Pacific Coast League in the @TripleABaseball All-Star Game.
Stadium Journey (@StadiumJourney)
The Band Box is the Spot in Nashville. @nashvillesounds @FirstTNPark #MiLB https://stadiumjourney.com/news/the-band-box-is-the-spot-in-nashville/ ...
Minor League Baseball (@MiLB)
In addition to recording his first four-hit game of the season, #Athletics No. 21 prospect Ramon Laureano had a pair of outfield assists for @nashvillesounds. https://atmilb.com/2HQ89Rs
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Express Walkoff River Cats 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Martini's Blast Leads Sounds to Comeback Win - Nashville Sounds
- 'Birds Storm Back Late to Win in Extras - Memphis Redbirds
- Solid Pitching, Late Offensive Spurt Propel Cakes to Thursday Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno falls 4-1 Thursday night in NOLA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Even Series with 4-1 Win Thursday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Coming to Fresno" & "WonderDogs" Highlight Upcoming Grizz Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers to Air 15 Games Through YurView on Cox - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game - Nashville Sounds
- Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game - PCL
- Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony June 15 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (39-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-33) - Memphis Redbirds
- Emily Rose Hollins To Celebrate "Home Run For Life" Saturday With OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Begin Homestand with 6-2 Win over Las Vegas - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- I-Cubs Fold Aces - Iowa Cubs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Rainiers Over Storm Chasers, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Fall Late in Tacoma, 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Game Troubles Doom Sounds Again - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Take Road Trip Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Fall Just Short in 7-5 Loss to River Cats - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Sounds Reveal New Logos, Marks and Uniforms
- Sounds' Community Relations Manager Destiny Whitmore Awarded Women in Baseball Leadership Event Scholarship
- Sounds to Host "Remastered" Release Party and Texas Rangers Winter Caravan on November 15 at First Tennessee Park
- Nashville Named Best Minor League Baseball Town in America in 2018
- Sounds and Texas Rangers Announce Four-Year Player Development Contract