Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game
June 14, 2018 - Pacific Coast League (PCL) News Release
Columbus Clippers manager Chris Tremie and Iowa Cubs skipper Marty Pevey have been tabbed the managers of their respective league's All-Star teams for the 2018 Huntington Bank Triple-A All-Star Game, presented by Gildan. The 31st annual contest will take place at Huntington Park in downtown Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, July 11 at 7:00 EDT.
Having already guided the IL to victory in the Triple-A All-Star Game in 2016, Chris Tremie returns to the event for a chance to manage in front of his home fans in Columbus. Tremie is in his sixth season leading the Clippers. During his time with Cleveland's Triple-A affiliate, Tremie has led the Clippers to a run of three straight division titles (2014-16) which included an International League Governors' Cup championship in 2015. This marks the fifth time overall a Columbus manager has served in that capacity in the Triple-A All-Star Game, which includes Bucky Dent (1989) and Mike Sarbaugh (2011-12).
Tremie will be joined by several familiar faces in the International League dugout as the entire Columbus field staff takes part in the All-Star festivities. Pitching coach Steve Karsay, currently in his third season with the Clippers, played for five Major League teams between 1993 and 2006. Johnny Narron and Bobby Magallanes are each in their first year as a member of the Clippers staff as hitting coach and bench coach, respectively.
The all-time winningest manager in Iowa Cubs history, Marty Pevey, will guide the PCL All-Stars in his first appearance in Triple-A Baseball's midsummer classic. Pevey, in his 36th year in the game, suited up for five different Triple-A teams in his playing days, including Tacoma and current IL franchises Indianapolis, Louisville, Toledo, and Syracuse, where he later managed for two seasons (2004-05). Pevey becomes the fourth Iowa Cubs skipper to manage in the Triple-A All-Star Game, joining Pete Mackanin (1989), Tim Johnson (1997), and Pat Listach (2008).
The PCL's pitching coach is Dyar Miller, a 51-year veteran of professional baseball who is in his third season with the Fresno Grizzlies. Miller joined the Astros organization in 2013 following an 18-year run where he worked for the Cardinals in various roles. He becomes the first man to serve as a coach at three Triple-A All-Star Games (1996 with Louisville; 2003 with Memphis). Joining Miller on the PCL All-Star staff is Geno Petralli, a former catcher for the Rangers who is in the midst of his fourth season as a coach for the Round Rock Express.
Nashville athletic trainer Brad LaRosa rounds out the PCL staff. The former Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer of the Year and PBATS Minor League Trainer of the Year is in his fourth season with the Sounds and eleventh season with Oakland's Triple-A affiliate. Columbus trainer Chad Wolfe will serve in that same role for the IL staff. He is in his fifth year with the Clippers and ninth overall as a trainer in the Cleveland organization.
The Huntington Bank Triple-A All-Star Game presented by Gildan will be broadcast live on MiLB.TV. All-Star festivities in Columbus begin with the Triple-A All-Star Home Run Derby and Skills Competition on Monday, July 9, part of the 10th season celebration for Huntington Park that will include hosting the 2018 Gildan Triple-A National Championship Game in September. Fans who are interested in more information on the events, or would like to purchase tickets, are encouraged to visit the official website of the host Columbus Clippers (clippersbaseball.com).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Express Walkoff River Cats 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Martini's Blast Leads Sounds to Comeback Win - Nashville Sounds
- 'Birds Storm Back Late to Win in Extras - Memphis Redbirds
- Solid Pitching, Late Offensive Spurt Propel Cakes to Thursday Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno falls 4-1 Thursday night in NOLA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Even Series with 4-1 Win Thursday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Coming to Fresno" & "WonderDogs" Highlight Upcoming Grizz Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers to Air 15 Games Through YurView on Cox - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game - Nashville Sounds
- Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game - PCL
- Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony June 15 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (39-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-33) - Memphis Redbirds
- Emily Rose Hollins To Celebrate "Home Run For Life" Saturday With OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Begin Homestand with 6-2 Win over Las Vegas - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- I-Cubs Fold Aces - Iowa Cubs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Rainiers Over Storm Chasers, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Fall Late in Tacoma, 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Game Troubles Doom Sounds Again - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Take Road Trip Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Fall Just Short in 7-5 Loss to River Cats - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.