Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Nashville Sounds' athletic trainer Brad LaRosa has been selected to the Pacific Coast League All-Star field staff for the 2018 Huntington Bank Triple-A All-Star Game presented by Gildan. The game will be played at Huntington Park in Columbus, Ohio on Wednesday, July 11 at 8:00 p.m. CST and pits all-stars from the International League against all-stars from the Pacific Coast League.
LaRosa will join Iowa's Marty Pevey (manager), Fresno's Dyar Miller (pitching coach), and Round Rock's Geno Petralli (coach) on the Pacific Coast League staff. 2018 marks the second consecutive year a member of the Sounds' field staff has been named to the PCL All-Star staff. Rick Rodriguez was selected as the league's pitching coach in 2017.
LaRosa is the first Sounds athletic trainer to serve on the PCL coaching staff since Jeff Paxson in 2008. The all-star nod is the third of his career. The 41-year-old was the athletic trainer in the 2007 Texas League All-Star Game and in the 2008 All-Star Futures Game.
The Litchfield, Illinois native is in his fourth season as the Sounds' athletic trainer and 11th with Oakland's Triple-A affiliate. LaRosa was named the 2016 Pacific Coast League Trainer of the Year and PBATS Minor League Trainer of the Year in 2007.
He is a certified member of the National Athletic Trainer's Association and the Illinois Athletic Trainer's Association.
All-Star fan balloting is underway at https://www.milb.com/ballot. Voting ends Friday, June 22 and the PCL roster will be announced Thursday, June 28.
The 2018 season is the Sounds' 41st in franchise history and fourth as the Oakland Athletics' top affiliate. Single-game tickets are available now by calling (615) 690-4487 or by visiting www.nashvillesounds.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Express Walkoff River Cats 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Martini's Blast Leads Sounds to Comeback Win - Nashville Sounds
- 'Birds Storm Back Late to Win in Extras - Memphis Redbirds
- Solid Pitching, Late Offensive Spurt Propel Cakes to Thursday Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno falls 4-1 Thursday night in NOLA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Even Series with 4-1 Win Thursday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Coming to Fresno" & "WonderDogs" Highlight Upcoming Grizz Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers to Air 15 Games Through YurView on Cox - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game - Nashville Sounds
- Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game - PCL
- Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony June 15 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (39-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-33) - Memphis Redbirds
- Emily Rose Hollins To Celebrate "Home Run For Life" Saturday With OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Begin Homestand with 6-2 Win over Las Vegas - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- I-Cubs Fold Aces - Iowa Cubs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Rainiers Over Storm Chasers, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Fall Late in Tacoma, 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Game Troubles Doom Sounds Again - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Take Road Trip Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Fall Just Short in 7-5 Loss to River Cats - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Honky Tonks Go Quietly in Series Finale
- Nashville Honky Tonks Game Information: Round Rock Dance Halls (32-42) at Nashville Honky Tonks (33-39)
- Honky Tonks Downed by Dance Halls in Extras
- Nashville Honky Tonks Game Information: Round Rock Dance Halls (31-42) at Nashville Honky Tonks (33-38)
- Error Proves Costly as Honky Tonks Fall