Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game
DES MOINES, IA - In his sixth season at the helm of the Iowa Cubs, Marty Pevey has been selected to manage the Pacific Coast League in the 2018 Triple-A All-Star Game. The 31st annual contest will take place in Columbus, OH on July 11 at Huntington Park.
Fresno pitching coach Dyar Miller and Round Rock coach Geno Petralli will join Pevey as the PCL's All-Star field staff. Nashville's athletic trainer Brad LaRosa rounds out the PCL personnel.
Pevey will manage the PCL roster comprised of players from all 16 clubs with selections based on fan voting and ballots put together by league managers, team presidents, general managers, broadcasters and members of the media. Pevey becomes the fourth Iowa skipper to guide the Triple-A All-Stars, joining Pete Mackanin (1989), Tim Johnson (1997) and Pat Listasch (2008).
Pevey is in his 36th season in professional baseball, 13 as a player and 23 as a coach. On April 12 of this year, Pevey collected his 1,000th managerial win and also became the winningest manager in Iowa history with victory 356 as an I-Cub.
The Huntington Bank Triple-A All-Star Game presented by Gildan will be broadcast live on MiLB.TV. All-Star festivities in Columbus begin with the Triple-A All-Star Home Run Derby and Skills Competition on Monday, July 9. For more information, visit clippersbaseball.com, the website of the host Columbus Clippers.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from June 14, 2018
- Express Walkoff River Cats 6-5 - Round Rock Express
- Martini's Blast Leads Sounds to Comeback Win - Nashville Sounds
- 'Birds Storm Back Late to Win in Extras - Memphis Redbirds
- Solid Pitching, Late Offensive Spurt Propel Cakes to Thursday Win - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Fresno falls 4-1 Thursday night in NOLA - Fresno Grizzlies
- Dodgers Even Series with 4-1 Win Thursday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- "Coming to Fresno" & "WonderDogs" Highlight Upcoming Grizz Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (30-33) at El Paso Chihuahuas (33-33) - Nashville Sounds
- Reno Aces Game Notes - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - June 14, 2018 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers to Air 15 Games Through YurView on Cox - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds' Brad LaRosa Named Pacific Coast League Athletic Trainer for Triple-A All-Star Game - Nashville Sounds
- Field Staffs Announced for 2018 Triple-A Baseball All-Star Game - PCL
- Pevey to Manage PCL in Triple-A All-Star Game - Iowa Cubs
- Aces to Host "Home Run for Life" Ceremony June 15 - Reno Aces
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (39-27) at Albuquerque Isotopes (32-33) - Memphis Redbirds
- Emily Rose Hollins To Celebrate "Home Run For Life" Saturday With OKC Dodgers - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sky Sox Begin Homestand with 6-2 Win over Las Vegas - Colorado Springs Sky Sox
- I-Cubs Fold Aces - Iowa Cubs
- Eighth-Inning Rally Lifts Rainiers Over Storm Chasers, 5-3 - Tacoma Rainiers
- Chasers Fall Late in Tacoma, 5-3 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Chihuahuas Walk-Off over Nashville to Complete Rally - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Late-Game Troubles Doom Sounds Again - Nashville Sounds
- Bees Take Road Trip Opener - Salt Lake Bees
- Express Fall Just Short in 7-5 Loss to River Cats - Round Rock Express
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.