Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park
EL PASO - The El Paso Chihuahuas and Whataburger are teaming up to host the fifth annual food drive at Southwest University Park. The drive will take place Wednesday, May 29th through Sunday, June 2nd when the Chihuahuas host the Tacoma Rainiers (Seattle Mariners affiliate). The drive will benefit the El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank.
Whataburger will give Chihuahuas fans who donate three (3) or more canned goods, non-perishable food items, or a minimum monetary contribution of $1, one (1) coupon good for a free Whataburger, while supplies last. Every $1 donation produces up to 7 meals.
"We are proud to once again partner with Whataburger to assist in making this year's food drive the best one yet," said MountainStar Sports Group Senior Vice President and General Manager Brad Taylor. "I hope that many Chihuahuas fans can help support this important initiative locally."
"At Whataburger, it's important for us to be involved in the local communities where we do business and help ensure everyone has something to eat," said Whataburger Director of Operations Henry Apodaca. "We hope all our fans in El Paso will help us as we fight to end hunger and join us as we team up with the Chihuahuas to take on the Tacoma Rainiers."
Fans are encouraged to donate non-perishable food items as they enter through the gates of Southwest University Park. Fans are asked to donate canned vegetables and fruits, soups, high protein items such as tuna and peanut butter, boxed pastas and cereals, and staples such as packaged rice and beans. Fans may also make monetary donations.
In addition to the food drive, the Chihuahuas Volunteer Pack presented by Helen of Troy will be volunteering at the El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank headquarters on Saturday, June 1st from 8:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. The Pack, alongside Whataburger representatives, will be assisting with sorting food, cleaning, office work, and other duties as needed at the warehouse. Anyone interested in joining the Helen of Troy Volunteer Pack can register here: bit.ly/All-Paws-In.
Susan Goodell, Chief Executive Officer of El Pasoans Fighting Hunger states, "We are grateful to the El Paso Chihuahuas and Whataburger for hosting such a fun and easy way to help the 200,000 food insecure individuals in our community. This is a win/win opportunity for everyone. Fans are treated to a great experience, as well as a delicious Whataburger; and those who do not have enough to eat, win by the generosity of fans who are willing to donate."
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from May 24, 2019
- Dodgers Bid Au Revoir to New Orleans - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Chupacabras Boot Flying Chanclas 4-3 to Win Series - Round Rock Express
- Flying Chanclas Rally Falls Short - San Antonio Missions
- Omaha Avoids Iowa Sweep - Iowa Cubs
- Gallen and Diaz Shine, 'Cakes Down Dodgers - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Sounds Score 10 Unanswered Runs in Come-From-Behind Win over Memphis - Nashville Sounds
- Ravelo Moves One Shy of Matching Franchise Hitting Streak Mark - Memphis Redbirds
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (18-28) vs. Memphis Redbirds (23-24) - Nashville Sounds
- Online Voting Now Open for Triple-A All-Star Game - Sacramento River Cats
- Chihuahuas and Whataburger Team up to Host Food Drive at Southwest University Park - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Salt Lake Bees Host Memorial Day Weekend Series - Salt Lake Bees
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - May 24, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (23-24) at Nashville Sounds (18-28) - Memphis Redbirds
- Reno Aces Game Notes at El Paso - Reno Aces
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (May 25-June 2) - Memphis Redbirds
- Triple-A All-Star Online Voting Now Open - PCL
- Game Notes: Flying Chanclas de San Antonio at Round Rock Chupacabras - San Antonio Missions
- Aviators Edge Isotopes 1-0 in 10-Inning Thriller - Las Vegas Aviators
- Yadiel Hernandez homers twice as Grizzlies climb over Rainiers 6-4 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Tacoma's Five-Game Home Winning Streak Snapped by Fresno - Tacoma Rainiers
- Suarez, Rodriguez Combine for Gem - Salt Lake Bees
- Suarez, Rodriguez Combine for Gem - Salt Lake Bees
- Offense shows no sting versus Bees, River Cats fall 7-1 - Sacramento River Cats
- Pitchers' Duel Falls in Las Vegas' Favor - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Pair of Four-Run Innings Lift Chihuahuas - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Iowa Nips Omaha 3-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Tomas Continues Hot Week in Aces Loss to El Paso - Reno Aces
- Round Rock Bested by San Antonio in 11-6 Decision - Round Rock Express
- Another Tough Night in the Big Easy - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Spangenberg's Career Night Leads Missions Back to First - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent El Paso Chihuahuas Stories
- Chihuahuas to Put 2020 Opening Day and Saturday Individual Game Tickets On-Sale for a Limited Time
- Nitro Circus' Action-Packed "You Got This" Tour Headed to Southwest University Park
- Chihuahuas Recipient of Ballpark Digest's Continued Excellence Award
- Chihuahuas to Host Brown Bag Sales Event Saturday
- Chihuahuas Announce 2020 Home Season Schedule