Carlson Shuts out Grizzlies 3-0
Rapid City, South Dakota - For the 2nd straight game it was dominated by Rapid City Rush goaltender Adam Carlson as he stopped all 41 shots to defeat the Utah Grizzlies 3-0 on Friday night at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center.
Utah outshot Rapid City 41 to 24 in the game. It stayed a scoreless game until Alec Baer scored 8:41 into the second period. Baer had the only goal 2 nights ago when Rapid City won 1-0. Both goals came in the second period.
The Rush took a 2-0 lead after Garrett Klotz hit a slap shot that hit off Grizzlies goaltender Joe Cannata's shoulder and went high in the air. When it landed it was behind Cannata and rolled in to the back of the net 12:56 into the third period.
Rapid City added an empty net goal by Cedric Montminy with 1:16 left.
The final game of three games in Rapid City is Saturday night at 7:00 pm. You can hear the game on Classic Country 1370 AM/104.3 FM HD-2.
3 stars of the game
1. Adam Carlson (R.C) - 41 save shutout. His 3rd shutout vs Utah this season.
2. Alec Baer (R.C) - 1 goal.
3. Garrett Klotz (R.C) - 1 goal.
Grizzlies notes: Utah was 0 for 5 on the power play while Rapid City was 0 for 4. Grayson Downing played tonight after missing 8 straight games due to injury. Josh Dickinson was sent to the AHL's Colorado Eagles. Dickinson had 2 shots on goal tonight for the Eagles in a 1-0 win over the San Diego Gulls. Utah remains 3 points behind both Tulsa and Idaho for first place in the ECHL's Mountain Division. Time of game: 2:25. Attendance was 2464.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 9, 2019
- Shake and Blake: Winiecki Aids 'Blades to Series Sweep of Atlanta - Florida Everblades
- Thunder Crowned by Monarchs 3-1 - Adirondack Thunder
- Brown, Fuel Break Through Late to Secure Win in Kalamazoo - Indy Fuel
- Power Play Strikes Send Fuel Past K-Wings 2-1 - Kalamazoo Wings
- Railers Wallop Admirals 6-1 in a Wild Fight Filled Affair in Front of Big Crowd at DCU Center - Worcester Railers HC
- Defensive Effort Falls Short in Jacksonville - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Alberga's Goal Not Enough as Admirals Fall to Railers - Norfolk Admirals
- Gladiators Earn Crucial Point vs. Conference-Leading Everblades - Atlanta Gladiators
- McAuley Scores Hat Trick to Lift Solar Bears to 4-2 Win over Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Monarchs Knockout Thunder, 3-1 - Manchester Monarchs
- Fioretti's Overtime Winner Squishes Blueberries - South Carolina Stingrays
- Mariners Extend Point Streak to Season High Seven Games - Maine Mariners
- Solar Bears Best the Growlers 4-2 - Newfoundland Growlers
- Stukel Loaned to AHL Bakersfield - Wichita Thunder
- Vallorani Helps Beast Blaze Past Royals - Brampton Beast
- Royals Score Last Three Goals in 5-3 Defeat at Brampton - Reading Royals
- Game Preview: Solar Bears at Growlers - Orlando Solar Bears
- Preview: 'Blades Gun for Series Sweep of Gladiators - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - March 9 - ECHL
- Game Day: Fuel Make Final Trip of Season to Kalamazoo - Kalamazoo Wings
- Pedersen Heads Back to Manitoba Moose - Orlando Solar Bears
- Allen Americans Game Capsule - Allen Americans
- Game Day: Royals at Brampton to Continue Canadian Swing - Reading Royals
- Goaltender Callum Booth Returns to 'Blades - Florida Everblades
- Late Power Play Dooms Steelheads in 4-2 Loss to Thunder - Idaho Steelheads
- Carlson Shuts out Grizzlies 3-0 - Utah Grizzlies
- Thunder Powers Past Idaho, 4-2 - Wichita Thunder
- Carlson Aces Grizzlies in Back to Back Games - Rapid City Rush
- Nine Unanswered Goals Leads to KC 9-3 Rout of Allen - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.