Blades Finish Road Trip With Win Over Hurricanes
LET'S GO HOME: Egor Sidorov scored his league-leading 25th goal of the season to help the Saskatoon Blades beat the Lethbridge Hurricanes 3-1 at ENMAX Centre on Friday.
The third-year Blade leads the club in game-winning goals this season with seven and sits at 35 points (25G, 10A).
6-foot-3 winger Easton Armstrong finished a pass from captain Trevor Wong 46 seconds into the second period for his fourth goal in as many games. Armstrong has 28 points (15G, 13A) in 25 games this season. Wong recorded his team-leading 36th assist, and sits atop the club with 42 points.
19-year-old netminder Austin Elliott returned to form between the pipes stopping 27 shots, improving his record to 13-4-1-0.
The victory concludes the Blades season-long seven-game road trip, coming home 4-2-1-0 during that span. Saskatoon returns home with the top of the WHL with a 19-8-1-0 record, owning the most points with 39.
NEXT GAME: The Blades return home Friday, Dec. 8th for their first game at SaskTel Centre since Nov. 18th. It's Pride Night as the Blades celebrate inclusivity within the community when they welcome the Red Deer Rebels.
Puck drop is 7:00pm.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2023
- Cougars Begin Us Road Swing With 4-1 Win Over Americans - Prince George Cougars
- Game Day Hub: December 2 vs. Wenatchee - Portland Winterhawks
- Oil Kings Power Past Silvertips - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Savoie Sparks Wild Past Hawks - Portland Winterhawks
- Hawks Fall in Wenatchee - Portland Winterhawks
- Blades Finish Road Trip With Win Over Hurricanes - Saskatoon Blades
- Tigers Fall to Hitmen - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Warriors Fend off Rebels in Friday Win - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Oil Kings Rally Late To Pick Up 5-3 Win Over Silvertips In Edmonton - Everett Silvertips
- Hitmen Get Past Tigers, 7-3 - Calgary Hitmen
- Raiders Tie the Game Late and Beat Slough Sharks 4-3 in a Shootout - Prince Albert Raiders
- Special Teams' Power Offensive Eruption for Walleye - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Slough Sharks Fall in Shootout to Raiders - Swift Current Broncos
- Pats End Five-Game Road Swing With 7-1 Loss - Regina Pats
- Spokane Chiefs Partner with Local Gonzaga Alumni Chapter for GU Night - Spokane Chiefs
- 2023 Teddy Bear Toss Powered by ENMAX December 3rd - Calgary Hitmen
- Cole Reschny Named WHL Rookie of the Month - Victoria Royals
- Wheat Kings Turn Walleye for One Night - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Gabe Klassen Named WHL Player of the Month - Portland Winterhawks
- WHL Announces Monthly Award Winners for November - WHL
- Ravensbergen Named WHL's Goaltender of the Month - Prince George Cougars
- Gustafson Signs with the Golden Knights - Seattle Thunderbirds
- Game Day Hub: December 1 at Wenatchee - Portland Winterhawks
- Preview: Oil Kings vs. Everett Silvertips - Edmonton Oil Kings
- Preview: Americans vs Cougars - December 1 - Tri-City Americans
- Warriors Building off Strong Play Going to Alberta - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Game Day Preview: Game 26 vs Calgary - Medicine Hat Tigers
- Kelowna Rockets Against Vancouve Preview - Kelowna Rockets
- Preview: Cougars Begin Three Games in Three Nights Against Americans - Prince George Cougars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Saskatoon Blades Stories
- Elliott Shuts Out Wheat Kings In 4-0 Blades' Win
- Game Day: Berries vs Hurricanes at 7:00pm Ct
- Blades' Goal Streak Comes to an End, Blanked by Rebels at Home
- Blades' Late Spark Not Enough to Comeback vs Wheat Kings
- Gardner Named WHL Rookie of the Week for Second Time this Month