Battle of Ontario Resumes Tonight in Belleville
The Toronto Marlies are kicking off the weekend on the road tonight as the Battle of Ontario returns to Belleville.
The Battle is heating up as tonight's game marks the second meeting between these division rivals this week, and second of four meetings this month. The 12-game regular season series is now even 3-3 after Belleville picked up a 3-1 win over the Marlies on Tuesday. The Senators continue to be hot and are coming into tonight's game riding a five-game win streak. Following Tuesday's win, the Senators became the second team in the league to reach the 30 win mark. They remain in first place in the North Division and second in the league with 64 points.
The Marlies continue to struggle to find consistency and currently sit three points shy of a playoff spot. When asked about the Marlies placement in the overall standings following Tuesday's game, head coach Greg Moore commented "if we're still looking back at the last four games before tonight, like I had mentioned in previous interviews, we're starting to build a lot more consistency in our 5-on-5 play. I had mentioned prior as well that special teams had plagued us a little bit, tonight was a part of that again. There's still positives to build on. It doesn't happen overnight, we're going to keep going."
With important points on the line this weekend, the Marlies will be looking to build on those positives as they get set for a trio of divisional games. Following tonight's game, they'll face Rochester and Laval, two teams they're chasing in the North Division standings.
Puck drops at 7:00 PM tonight on AHLTV. Fans can also follow along on Twitter (@TorontoMarlies) for live updates.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
22-19-3-2 Overall Record 30-14-3-1
3-3-0-0 Head To Head 3-3-0-0
0-2-0-0 Streak 5-0-0-0
151 Goals For 177
151 Goals Against 144
20.9% Power Play Percentage 19.4%
76.6% Penalty Kill Percentage 79.9%
K. Agostino (21) Leading Goal Scorer J. Norris (24)
P. Aberg (35) Leading Points Scorer J. Norris (46)
K. Kaskisuo (12) Wins Leader F. Gustavsson (12)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2020
- Stars Win Shootout Thriller against Admirals in Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Greer, Miska Propel Colorado to 5-1 Win over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Win Streak Snapped in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Dansk, Wolves Blank Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Shut-Out by Hershey, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Secure Sixth-Straight Home Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Copley Stellar, Bears Blank Pens 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Charlotte Offense Explodes in 6-0 Beatdown of Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Shut out Devils 3-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Berube, Phantoms Prevent T-Birds' Season Series Sweep - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Stage Comeback in Win over Marlies - Belleville Senators
- Checkers too Much for Wolf Pack, 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Shut Down Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Philadelphia Recalls F Frost, Loans F Andreoff to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood, Reassign Sprong to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Texas Stars Recall Diego Cuglietta from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Celebrate Valentine's Day with the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Battle of Ontario Resumes Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Painting with a Purpose February 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Myles Powell Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game 44 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Edge Chicago, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.