Dansk, Wolves Blank Moose
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Oscar Dansk stopped all 25 shots he faced to lead the Chicago Wolves to a 2-0 victory over the Manitoba Moose on Friday night at Bell MTS Place.
Dansk produced his third shutout of the year for the Wolves (23-21-3-2) while improving his record to 13-1-2 since the start of December. Forwards Gage Quinney and Tye McGinn scored for Chicago.
The Wolves seized the lead on Quinney's power-play goal at 13:29 of the first. Quinney accepted a perimeter pass from Dylan Coghlan, strolled to the left faceoff dot and whistled a wrister into the top left corner as Valentin Zykov blocked goaltender Mikhail Berdin's view.
Dansk started on consecutive nights for just the second time this season, but showed no signs of weariness. The 25-year-old Stockholm, Sweden, native was challenged several times, particularly during the third period, and he delivered multiple highlight-reel saves. That included using his glove to rob forward Brent Pedersen at point-blank range with 10:28 left in regulation - leaving Pedersen to mutter oaths under his breath.
Manitoba (22-28-0-0) pulled Berdin with 1:45 to go in search of the tying goal, but the move backfired as McGinn notched an empty-net goal with 1:24 to play. Quinney had an open look from long range, but shared the puck with McGinn to set up the easier tally.
Berdin (18-19-0) finished with 22 saves.
The Wolves return to Allstate Arena at 7 p. m. Thursday against the Milwaukee Admirals. They also host the Grand Rapids Griffins at 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 15, and the Cleveland Monsters at 3 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 16. For tickets, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2020
- Stars Win Shootout Thriller against Admirals in Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Greer, Miska Propel Colorado to 5-1 Win over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Win Streak Snapped in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Dansk, Wolves Blank Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Shut-Out by Hershey, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Secure Sixth-Straight Home Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Copley Stellar, Bears Blank Pens 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Charlotte Offense Explodes in 6-0 Beatdown of Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Shut out Devils 3-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Berube, Phantoms Prevent T-Birds' Season Series Sweep - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Stage Comeback in Win over Marlies - Belleville Senators
- Checkers too Much for Wolf Pack, 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Shut Down Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Philadelphia Recalls F Frost, Loans F Andreoff to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood, Reassign Sprong to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Texas Stars Recall Diego Cuglietta from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Celebrate Valentine's Day with the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Battle of Ontario Resumes Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Painting with a Purpose February 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Myles Powell Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game 44 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Edge Chicago, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Chicago Wolves Sign Fitzgerald and Markison; AHL Moves Projected Start Date to February 5
- Join the First Run with the Wolves Virtual 5K
- Chicago Wolves Forge Partnership with Carolina Hurricanes
- Wolves Fans Can Win a Day with the Illinois Lottery Cup
- Thirty-Eight Chicago Wolves on NHL Playoff Rosters