Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 7
The Belleville Senators and Toronto Marlies will do battle for the second time this week tonight at CAA Arena.
The Senators (30-14-3-1) grabbed a 3-1 win in Toronto Tuesday night to secure its 20th road win of the season in just its 26th road game. They also became just the second AHL team this season to reach the 30-win mark (Milwaukee). The Sens currently hold a four-point lead on Rochester for the North Division lead.
The Marlies (22-19-3-2) open a 3-in-3 tonight in Belleville and currently sit three points behind Laval for the final playoff spot in the North Division.
Despite its astonishing road record, the Sens are just 10-10-1-1 at home. The Marlies are 8-11-3-2 on the road.
No changes for the Senators since Tuesday night. JC Beaudin is close to a return for the Sens as he took warmups Tuesday but his status for tonight is still not determined.
No word on whether Joey Daccord or Filip Gustavsson will start in goal for the Senators.
Jonathan Davidsson and Max Veronneau are out for the Senators.
After Tuesday's win, the Sens are 3-3 against the Marlies this season. Belleville is 14-13-1-2 all-time in the Battle of Ontario.
Who to watch
Rudolfs Balcers buried two goals Tuesday night to take his season total to 13. The AHL All-Star has 30 points in 26 games this year with Belleville.
Russian forward Egor Korshkov has 11 goals in his first season in North America. He's tallied 18 points in 30 games this year.
Where to watch
Friday's game starts at 7pm and can be seen LIVE on AHLTV. Follow the Belleville Sens on Twitter for live updates. Tickets are available.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with Jack Miller on the call and David Foot on colour.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 7, 2020
- Stars Win Shootout Thriller against Admirals in Milwaukee - Texas Stars
- Greer, Miska Propel Colorado to 5-1 Win over San Jose - Colorado Eagles
- Amerks Win Streak Snapped in 5-2 Loss to Crunch - Rochester Americans
- Dansk, Wolves Blank Moose - Chicago Wolves
- Penguins Shut-Out by Hershey, 3-0 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Phantoms Secure Sixth-Straight Home Victory - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Copley Stellar, Bears Blank Pens 3-0 - Hershey Bears
- Charlotte Offense Explodes in 6-0 Beatdown of Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Crunch Defeat Amerks, 5-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Shut out Devils 3-0 - Cleveland Monsters
- Berube, Phantoms Prevent T-Birds' Season Series Sweep - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Sens Stage Comeback in Win over Marlies - Belleville Senators
- Checkers too Much for Wolf Pack, 6-0 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Shut Down Devils, 3-0 - Binghamton Devils
- Philadelphia Recalls F Frost, Loans F Andreoff to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Defenseman Cameron Gaunce from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Sherwood, Reassign Sprong to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Texas Stars Recall Diego Cuglietta from Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Celebrate Valentine's Day with the Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Defenseman Oleg Sosunov to Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Battle of Ontario Resumes Tonight in Belleville - Toronto Marlies
- Englund Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold Painting with a Purpose February 26 - Syracuse Crunch
- Myles Powell Recalled from Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Game Preview: Bears at Penguins, 7:05 PM - Hershey Bears
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Marlies, February 7 - Belleville Senators
- Game 44 Preview: Tucson at San Diego - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Edge Chicago, 3-2 - Manitoba Moose
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Belleville Senators Stories
- Aspirot, Szwarz Remain Patient Amidst Covid-19 Suspension
- Sens Release $100,000 in 50/50 Funds Amidst COVID-19 Crisis
- Spectra Donates Unused Food to Gleaners
- Eugene Melnyk Pledges Financial Support to Part-Time Employees During the AHL Suspension
- Belleville Senators COVID-19 Information