Barracuda Tamed by Wild, 5-3
San Jose, CA - The San Jose Barracuda (10-8-0-1) scored less than three minutes into the first period on Tuesday night at Tech CU Arena and then proceeded to give up the next three goals in the period and couldn't recover, eventually falling, 4-3, to the Iowa Wild (7-6-2-2).
In the opening 20 minutes, captain Andrew Agozzino (5) slung a sharp-angle shot on net during a delayed penalty, beating Jesper Wallstedt through the five-hole at 2:50. At 5:52, the Wild leveled the score at 1-1 as Joe Cramarossa (3) made it goals in back-to-back games with a forehand, backhand move. The Barracuda would take three minors in the first, and on its second kill, Marco Rossi (1), in his AHL season debut, would score just eight seconds into the power play. Then, Sam Walker (8) would score eight seconds into Iowa's third power play to make it 3-1.
In the second, Luke Johnson (4) snuck a shot through Wallstedt's five-hole again to make it 3-2 at 4:38 but Daemon Hunt (1) would go top-shelf on Strauss Mann at 5:16 to push the lead back to two.
In the third, the game would remain 4-2 until C.J. Suess (3) netted his second in as many games by batting a loose puck out of mid-air with his team's net empty and while on the power play. Despite the late goal, the Barracuda were unable to tie the score in the final 52 seconds, falling 4-3.
Mann (2-2-0) took the loss, allowing a season-high four goals on 33 shots, while Wallstedt (3-3-3) snapped a two-game losing streak by making 30 saves on 33 shots.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 1, 2022
- Davies' Heroics Sends Amerks Past Monsters in Overtime - Rochester Americans
- Cleveland Falls to Rochester 4-3 in Hard Fought Overtime Loss - Cleveland Monsters
- Detroit Recalls Austin Czarnik - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Admirals Stomp Moose in Shoot-Out - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Outlasted by Milwaukee in Shootout - Manitoba Moose
- IceHogs Teddy Bear Toss, Josiah Slavin Hat Night Coming December 10 - Rockford IceHogs
- Phillips Named AHL Player of the Month - Calgary Wranglers
- Hunter Shepard Named AHL Goalie of the Month - Hershey Bears
- Phillips, Walker, Shepard Named AHL Award Winners for November - AHL
- T-Birds Embark on Second 3-In-3 of Season - Springfield Thunderbirds
- P-Bruins & RIPTA Team up for Toy Drive for Hasbro Children's Hospital - Providence Bruins
- Series Preview vs. CV: December 2 & 3 - Henderson Silver Knights
- Reign Announce Multiple Transactions - Ontario Reign
- Bears Return Kim and O'Neil to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Detroit Assigns Goaltender Magnus Hellberg to Griffins - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Blue Jackets Assign Goaltender Daniil Tarasov to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Roadrunners Announce Details for 2022 Holiday Games, Shopping - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mitchell Recalled to Blackhawks - Rockford IceHogs
- Minnesota Wild Recalls Defenseman Andrej Sustr from Iowa - Iowa Wild
- Rochester Americans Game Preview: Thursday, December 1 at Cleveland - Rochester Americans
- San Diego Drops Game to Colorado - San Diego Gulls
- Abbotsford Canucks Sweep Bakersfield with 4-3 Comeback Victory - Abbotsford Canucks
- Barracuda Tamed by Wild, 5-3 - San Jose Barracuda
- Wild Sweep Barracuda, Win 5-3 in San Jose - Iowa Wild
- Win Streak Reaches Seven with 3-1 Victory over San Diego - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.