Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket
Utica, N.Y. - The Comets got four goals from four different players to top the Laval Rocket 4-1 Wednesday night at the Adirondack Bank Center. Jonah Gadjovich, Lukas Jasek, Tanner Kero, and Evan McEneny found the net for Utica. Michael Leighton made 20 saves in the win.
Gadjovich started the scoring 6:21 into the game, tipping a shot from Jaime Sifers. Stefan LeBlanc also tallied an assist. Jasek doubled the lead with a blast on the power play with 5:22 to play in the first. Luke Schenn had the lone assist.
Kero punched in a rebound on the power play with 3:16 to play in the middle frame to push the lead to 3-0. Jonathan Dahlen and Reid Boucher picked up the assists. Michael Pezzetta got Laval on the board with a power play goal at the 19:03 mark of the second.
McEneny continued the onslaught seven minutes into the third period with a wrist shot from the right circle that beat Rocket netminder Charlie Lindgren. Jalen Chatfield and Vincent Arseneau tallied the assists. The Comets locked down defensively in the final period to keep the win intact.
The Comets are back in action Saturday night when they hit the road to take on the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins. Puck drop at Mohegan Sun Arena is at 7:05 p.m. The game can be heard on 94.9 KROCK and viewed on AHL TV. Comets return to Adirondack Bank Center action on Sunday afternoon at 5pm. There will be a special post-game skate following the game. Fans who wish to participate should download the waiver at http://www.uticacomets.com/assets/doc/AUD-Waiver-Updated-10.24.172-c5c30cbc7e.pdf.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.