Wolves Frozen by Manitoba
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - The Chicago Wolves dropped a 4-2 contest to the Manitoba Moose at Bell MTS Place on Wednesday night after waiting until late to get the offense rolling.
Forwards Daniel Carr and Curtis McKenzie scored third-period goals for Chicago (27-16-5-1) while goaltender Max Lagace (10-7-0) stopped 25 of 29 shots.
Jansen Harkins, Hunter Fejes, Marko Dano and Michael Spacek scored for Manitoba (23-21-3-2) while netminder Eric Comrie (18-13-2) stopped 20 shots.
Harkins broke open the scoring at the 9:32 mark of the first, slipping around Lagace's pad as he skated through the crease.
At 13:33 Fejes tipped a shot in front of Lagace to double the lead and send the Moose to the intermission with a 2-0 lead.
Dano added to the lead at the 7:09 mark of the second, potting a goal at the back door, andSpacek made it a 4-0 game with his goal 11:16 into the third period.
Carr broke Comrie's shutout bid on the power play at the 12:36 point of the third when he redirected a pass from defenseman Erik Brannstrom past the goaltender. Carr's 26th goal of the year boosted his American Hockey League-leading point total to 61.
McKenzie redirected a rocket from defenseman Dylan Coghlan at 19:33 to cut the Moose lead to 4-2, but Manitoba held off the late charge to take the win.
The Wolves wrap up their four-game road trip with a 7 p.m. game Friday at Manitoba. Head coach Rocky Thompson's team returns home at 3 p.m. Sunday for a showdown with the Iowa Wild. To get the best ticket deals, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Wolves Insider: Magic Number Down to 12
- Division-Leading Wolves Thrash San Antonio
- Monsters Snap Wolves' Home Winning Streak
- How to Own the Chicago Wolves' St. Patrick's Day Jerseys and Help Easterseals
- Wolves Insider: Eight Straight Home Wins for First-Place Wolves