Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23
BINGHAMTON - The Binghamton Devils have partnered with USA Hockey and the Southern Tier Hockey Association (STHA) to host Try Hockey Free Day on February 23. This completely free experience will provide kids with a basic understanding of skating and the game of hockey.
"We're excited and honored to have families come out and give hockey a try for free," said Binghamton Devils Executive Vice President of Business Operations, Tom Mitchell. "The Southern Tier Hockey Association does an amazing job growing youth hockey in the Southern Tier and this will be another great effort to do so. We're looking forward to seeing all the children try hockey and enjoy a Devils game for free that night!"
Parents can register their child, age four to nine, in one of two time slots. The first session will run from 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., and the second from 1 p.m. - 2p.m. Registration is limited to 40 children per session and equipment will be provided courtesy of the STHA. All children registered will receive a voucher for a free ticket to the Binghamton Devils game that night against the Utica Comets. There will be free food, drinks, and free parking available on Susquehanna street, next to the Arena.
"The STHA and the Binghamton Devils look forward to welcoming families to the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena to try our great sport of ice hockey" said STHA President Chris Behonick. "Our goal is for these children who come out to join us to have a smile on their face the entire time. We are excited and pleased to team with the Binghamton Devils, who have been great supporters of the STHA and our members."
USA Hockey's Try Hockey program, with the support of the National Hockey League and NHL member clubs, among others, is designed to provide youth hockey associations with a national platform for introducing children to the sport, free of charge. The New York State Amateur Hockey Association (NYSAHA) Central Section equipment trailer will be on hand to outfit the players with helmets, pads, gloves, and skates for the sessions. SportsEngine is the presenting sponsor of Try Hockey For Free Day, while Chipotle and Pure Hockey are also official sponsors of the event. USA Hockey has about 350 locations offering this unique opportunity to kids nationwide.
The Binghamton Devils are back home this Friday and Saturday against the Laval Rocket at 7:05 p.m. Friday is a Friday 4-Pack Night where fans get four tickets, four hotdogs, and four sodas. Saturday is the annual Heart Cup Game. Come watch Police and Fire Departments battle on the ice at 4:30 p.m. and get a special $15.50 ticket to the game that night to benefit American Heart Association. Call or text "TICKETS" to 607-722-7367.
Binghamton Devils full season memberships are now available for the 2019-20 season! Get great benefits such as FREE New Jersey Devils NHL tickets, exclusive access to Devils players, a brand-new referral program, gift cards, and much more! For information on becoming a member, text "MEMBER" to 607-722-7367.
For more information, including pricing, group outings, taking a limo to the game, fan experiences, and much more, visit www.binghamtondevils.com or call the Devils front office at 607-722-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Binghamton Devils Stories
- Binghamton Devils Re-Sign Ryan Schmelzer to AHL Contract
- American Hockey League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Street Named Devils' 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Devils, Americans, Comets, and Crunch to Host Blood Drives
- AHL Suspends Season - Statement from the Binghamton Devils