Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0
BELLEVILLE, ONTARIO - The Syracuse Crunch were blanked by the Belleville Senators, 3-0, tonight at CAA Arena.
The Crunch have now suffered back-to-back shutouts and move to 29-15-2-1 on the season. Syracuse still holds a 3-1 lead in the six-game season series against Belleville.
Eddie Pasquale stopped 26-of-28 shots in net for the Crunch, while Marcus Hogberg turned aside all 31 for the Senators. Syracuse was unable to convert on four power play opportunities, but was perfect on the penalty kill stopping all three Belleville man-advantage.
The Senators opened scoring 11:39 into the game. Pasquale made the initial save on Nick Paul's shot, but the Crunch couldn't clear the zone and Paul sent in his own rebound during a scramble in the slot. Drake Batherson earned the helper.
Belleville doubled their lead at the 4:40 mark of the middle stanza. Daniel Ciampini set up Cody Goloubef for a long right-wing shot through traffic. Batherson made it a multi-point night with the secondary assist.
With 2:03 remaining in the third period, Adam Tambellini hit the empty net with the help of Patrick Sieloff.
The Crunch finish their five-game road trip against the Rochester Americans on Friday at 7:05 p.m.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
Crunchables: The Crunch are 23-for-23 on the penalty kill over the last five games...Syracuse has been held scoreless for their last 121:20...Tonight was the first-ever regulation loss to Belleville.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.