Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The streaking Bakersfield Condors are home on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena at 6:30 p.m. With a franchise record and AHL season high 12 straight wins, the team can make it 13 against the rival Stockton Heat. Great seats start at just $12 ($13 on game day) and can be purchased, or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at 10 a.m.). Save money with a Hat Trick Pack.
PROMOTION DETAILS: Enjoy $5 Margaritas and $2 Sodas presented by Energy 95.3 FM.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
EAT & DRINK
Rice and Beans
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with any ticket, must be 21+)
DOWNLOAD THE CONDORS APP: iTunes |Google Play
BAKERSFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH TABLE: D Logan Day and C Luke Esposito
The Bakersfield Condors conclude a three-game homestand against the Stockton Heat. Bakersfield is 6-1-0 against the Heat this season, 4-0 on home ice, and have won the last four matchups in the season series.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Bakersfield set a new record in the 21-year history of Condors hockey with their 12th consecutive win on Saturday, 7-1 over San Diego. Seven different players found the back of the net for the Condors. D William Lagesson had his first three-point (1g-2a) night of his AHL career and G Shane Starrett turned away 26 shots for his 10th consecutive win individually.
Stockton split a two-game series in Colorado on Saturday with a 6-2 win. RW Buddy Robinson had a goal and assist and RW Spencer Foo had two helpers. G Jon Gillies got the win, stopping 29 of 31 shots.
WANT SOME SECONDS?
The Condors have done their most damage in the second period this season. In the middle frame, the team has a +26 goal differential, which is tops in the AHL. In addition, their 75 goals are the most by any team in the second period.
LW Joe Gambardella set a new Condors AHL high with points in 10 straight games on Saturday with a goal and assist. During that stretch he has 17 points (11g-6a) and four game-winning goals. His 10-game streak is tied with Chicago Wolves F Brandon Pirri for the longest current streak in the AHL.
G Shane Starrett earned his 10th consecutive victory on Saturday against the Gulls and moved into first in the AHL in goals-against average at 2.28. His 10 wins is tied for the longest streak in the 21-year history of the Condors (Brian Stewart - 2011, Kevin St. Pierre - 2002). G Yutaka Fukufuji went 9-0-3 (12 games) in 2005 which is the longest point streak of any Condors netminder. Starrett is 11-1-3 in his last 15 decisions.
C Ryan Spooner has six points (2g-4a) during a five-game point streak. His assist Saturday was the 100th of his AHL career... D Keegan Lowe has assists in three straight games... Bakersfield has scored six or more goals on seven occasions this season and the team's 3.48 goals per game is sixth in the AHL... The Condors have outscored teams 56-23 during the 12-game win streak.
Stockton is fourth in shorthanded goals for with eight. They have surrendered a league high 14 though... The Heat are fifth in goals per game at 3.49... Stockton is 11-0-1 when leading after two periods and 11-4-3 when scoring the opening goal of the game.
HEAD-TO-HEAD BY SEASON
2018-19: BAK 6-1-0-0
2017-18: BAK 3-7-0-0
2016-17: BAK 7-5-0-0
2015-16: BAK 7-4-1-0
ALL-TIME: BAK 23-17-1-0
San Diego (3rd) @ Colorado (5th)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.