Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13
The Belleville Senators return home for a big homestand as they host the Syracuse Crunch for the first time this season.
Belleville (24-23-2-3) got over .500 for the first time this season Sunday with a win over Toronto and are currently riding a nine-game point streak that has seen the Sens go 6-0-0-3 over that stretch.
Syracuse (29-14-2-1) sit second in the North Division and are two points behind Rochester for the division lead. The Crunch sit eight points up on Belleville and have played six less games than the Sens this season.
Belleville is 14-8-0-1 at CAA Arena this season while the Crunch hold a 12-9-2-0 record away from home.
Belleville lost Darren Archibald and Filip Gustavsson to Ottawa Tuesday morning while Filip Chlapik is likely out after suffering a foot injury Sunday.
Marcus Hogberg will start for Belleville with Gustavsson in Ottawa. Jake Paterson will back him up.
Jim O'Brien, Boston Leier, Andrew Sturtz, Christian Wolanin, Stuart Percy, Justin Falk and Morgan Klimchuk are out for Belleville.
The teams have met three times in Syracuse already this year with the Crunch winning all three contests. Belleville is 2-8-0-1 all-time against the Crunch.
Who to watch
Rookie forward Logan Brown is currently riding an eight-game point streak, which still isn't the longest on the team behind Drake Batherson's nine-gamer, but he has 15 points over that stretch. Brown has 12 goals and 33 points in 36 games this year.
Carter Verhaeghe continues to take the AHL by storm as his 54 points are the second most in the AHL. His 22 goals also lead the Crunch and rank eighth most in the league.
Where to watch
Wednesday's game starts at 7:00pm and can also be seen on AHLTV. Fans can also watch tonight's contest at Shoeless Joe's in Belleville.
The radio broadcast on CJBQ 800 begins at 6:50pm with David Foot on the call.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.