CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase
The Belleville Senators announced today that the Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens and Winnipeg Jets will each showcase their top prospects at CAA Arena in Belleville, Ontario from Sept. 6-9. The 2019 Rookie Showcase will see each team play one another once, while Ottawa and Winnipeg will play a second game against each other to close out the event.
"We are thrilled that the Ottawa Senators, Montreal Canadiens and Winnipeg Jets have all agreed to showcase their prospects at CAA Arena in what will most certainly be a memorable weekend of hockey in the Bay of Quinte region," said Belleville Senators COO Rob Mullowney. "Rookie tournaments like this one are an incredible demonstration of skill and determination, featuring numerous world class players who have gone on to have outstanding careers with their respective teams."
"We look forward to hosting the players, staff and fans of all three organizations here at home in September."
A number of players from Ottawa's current roster have featured in previous renditions of the Rookie Showdown, including Thomas Chabot, Brady Tkachuk and Colin White. Similarly, recent Montreal teams have featured Jesperi Kotkaniemi and Victor Mete while Winnipeg teams have included Sami Niku and Mason Appleton, among others.
Tickets for each game will range from $15-35, plus applicable taxes and surcharges, and will go on sale to the general public in the spring of 2019.
Belleville Senators Season Ticket Holders and Flex Pack Holders will have all four Rookie Challenge games included in their packages for the unique price of just $10, plus applicable taxes and surcharges.
Further details around the 2019 Rookie Showcase will be made available in the coming months.
2019 Rookie Showcase Schedule
Friday, Sept. 6 - 7:00pm
Ottawa Senators vs. Winnipeg Jets
Saturday, Sept. 7 - 7:00pm
Ottawa Senators vs. Montreal Canadiens
Sunday, Sept. 8 - 7:00pm
Montreal Canadiens vs. Winnipeg Jets
Monday, Sept.9 - 7:00pm
Winnipeg Jets vs. Ottawa Senators
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2019
- Wolves Frozen by Manitoba - Chicago Wolves
- RECAP: Penguins Battle Bears to Shootout, Lose 4-3 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Twice in Third Period to Beat Pens - Hershey Bears
- Hogberg Blanks Syracuse in Senators Win - Belleville Senators
- Gettinger's Late Goal Lifts Wolf Pack over Marlies - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Crunch Blanked by Senators, 3-0 - Syracuse Crunch
- Balanced Attack Helps Comets Top Rocket - Utica Comets
- Anaheim Ducks Recall Jones, Assign Holzer to San Diego - San Diego Gulls
- Toninato Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Super Hero Night, Discovery Night Cap Six-Game Homestand - Rockford IceHogs
- Marlies Kick off Three Game Road Trip in Hartford - Toronto Marlies
- Fox Sports 1450 AM Ticket Takeover Happening this Friday - Tucson Roadrunners
- Binghamton Devils, STHA to Host Try Hockey Free Day February 23 - Binghamton Devils
- CAA Arena to Host 2019 Rookie Showcase - Belleville Senators
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Heat Look to Tame Condors Wednesday in Bakersfield - Stockton Heat
- Vinni Lettieri Returned by Rangers; Ty Ronning Reassigned from Maine and Matt Petgrave Released from PTO - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Division-Leading Griffins Continue Extended Stay at Home against Rampage - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Condors Can Make It 13 Straight Wins Tonight - Bakersfield Condors
- Game Day Build-Up: Senators vs. Crunch, February 13 - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Penguins at Bears, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
- Hogs Hang Around Late Before Coming up Just Short against Stars - Rockford IceHogs
- Shorthanded Roadrunners Grind for a Point Tuesday Night in San Jose - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Snap Skid with 2-1 Shootout Win - San Jose Barracuda
- Glass Backstops Gulls to Road Win at Colorado - San Diego Gulls
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.