Aucoin, Cracknell, and Rattie Recalled to NHL
The Chicago Wolves announced Friday that centers KEITH AUCOIN and ADAM CRACKNELL and right wing TY RATTIE have been recalled by the St. Louis Blues. The Wolves also have added forward ERIC KATTELUS from the ECHL's Kalamazoo Wings.
RATTIE leads the Wolves and ranks sixth in the American Hockey League this year with 29 goals. The 21-year-old from Airdrie, Alberta, has posted a team-high 46 points in 69 games during his inaugural professional season.
AUCOIN, who ranks fifth on the AHL's all-time list in assists (610) and seventh in points (854), paces the Wolves this season with 29 assists and ranks second with 40 points in 60 games. The 35-year-old Chelmsford, Mass., resident has produced 17 goals and 32 assists in 143 regular-season games in the NHL, including six goals and six assists in 41 games for the New York Islanders last season.
CRACKNELL has posted 12 goals and 13 assists in 28 games since joining the Wolves on Jan. 23. The 28-year-old has provided two assists in 17 games for the Blues this season and notched two goals and four assists in 20 games last season.
KATTELUS has contributed 14 goals, 21 assists, and a plus-16 plus/minus rating in 37 games for Kalamazoo this season. The 26-year-old Traverse City, Mich., native has appeared in two games for the Wolves this season and contributed three goals and 10 assists in 39 games last season.
The Wolves are in the chase for the AHL's Midwest Division title and play at 7 p.m. today at Iowa before traveling to Milwaukee for an Amtrak Rivalry showdown at 7 p.m. Saturday. The Wolves host Rockford at 3 p.m. Sunday in an Illinois Lottery Cup game at Allstate Arena. For ticket specials for this game as well as Calder Cup playoff games, visit ChicagoWolves.com or call 1-800-THE-WOLVES.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 11, 2014
- Heat Beat Barons 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Hogs Stumble at Home to Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Kobasew, Vokoun Lead Pens to Shootout Win in Syracuse - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Fall to Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Stars Thump Rampage 5-0, Earn Franchise-Record 101st Point of the Season - Texas Stars
- Admirals Secure Playoff Spot for 12th Straight Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Wrap up Road Schedule with 5-0 Loss to Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Binghamton Survives Hershey 5-4 in Overtime - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Fall to Penguins in Shootout, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Special Teams Power Wolves over Wild 4-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Makarov, Amerks Down Marlies for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Over 8,000 Sees Wild Fall to Wolves 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Sharks Bite Back at Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Comfortably Top the Phantoms 4-1 at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Defeat Bears in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Beat Pirates, Win Franchise-Record 45th Game - Springfield Falcons
- Devils Begin Weekend With Much Needed Win - Albany Devils
- P-Bruins Sink Admirals, 2-1 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Drop Pirates 5-2 - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Announce Dates for Two Home Playoff Games - Springfield Falcons
- Thiessen Spectacular Yet Bruins Take 2-1 Overtime Decision - Norfolk Admirals
- Springfield Falcons Presented with F.G. Teddy Oke Trophy - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Tripped by Devils 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Recall Eddy from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Monarchs Host Fan Appreciation Night - Manchester Monarchs
- Flames Sign Forwards Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Recall Blunden from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aucoin, Cracknell, and Rattie Recalled to NHL - Chicago Wolves
- Tim Erixon Returned on Loan to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Wings Recall Mrazek from Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa's Jake Dowell Named Winner of AHL's Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Iowa's Jake Dowell Named Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award Recipient - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host Monsters for Regular Season Home Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders Recall Justin Johnson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lightning Recall Forward Cedric Paquette from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Connor Knapp from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Justin Hickman Signs ATO with Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Start Final Road Trip in Springfield - Portland Pirates
- Missiaen Returns to ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Release Defenseman Jeff May - Hershey Bears
- Vaive's Physical Play Helps Wolf Pack Depth - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Battle Lake Erie - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Chicago Wolves Stories
- Chicago Wolves Sign Fitzgerald and Markison; AHL Moves Projected Start Date to February 5
- Join the First Run with the Wolves Virtual 5K
- Chicago Wolves Forge Partnership with Carolina Hurricanes
- Wolves Fans Can Win a Day with the Illinois Lottery Cup
- Thirty-Eight Chicago Wolves on NHL Playoff Rosters