Over 8,000 Sees Wild Fall to Wolves 4-1
Des Moines, IA - The Iowa Wild (27-34-6-4, 64 points) were defeated by the Chicago Wolves (41-20-5-5, 92 points) 4-1 in front of 8,314 fans at Wells Fargo Arena on Friday. Forwards Shane Harper and Alexandre Buldoc scored 1:32 apart in the second period to lead Chicago to victory. Wolves goalie Jake Allen (31-16-3) finished with 22 saves, recording his league-leading 31 st win of the year. Iowa forward Marc Hagel spoiled Allen's shutout with 1:35 remaining in regulation. Wild goalie Cody Reichard (1-1-0) stopped 31 shots in the defeat. The Wild will play next at 7 p.m. in Rockford on Saturday.
The Wolves opened the scoring on the power play at 16:41 of the first period. Forward Sergey Andronov deflected a shot from the blue line, beating Iowa goaltender Cody Reichard. Defenseman Joe Corvo and forward Derek Nesbitt each picked up an assist, helping the team to a 1-0 lead.
Chicago scored a shorthanded goal by forward Alexandre Bolduc at 8:24 of the second period, giving his team a 2-0 lead. The center skated down center ice for a breakaway, firing the puck past Reichard. Just over a minute later, Wolves forward Shane Harper scored to give his team a 3-0 lead. The right winger lifted the puck past the glove of Reichard, scoring his 12th goal of the season. Forward Pat Cannone picked up an assist on the goal.
Bolduc picked up his second goal of the night at 15:27 of the third period, giving his team a 4-0 lead. The Wild countered with a goal by forward Marc Hagel at 18:25. Forward Tyler Graovac and defender Steven Kampfer each assisted on the final goal of the game.
After a road game in Rockford on Apr. 12, the team returns home on Sunday, Apr. 13 at 5:05 p.m. to host the Milwaukee Admirals. Fan Appreciation Weekend continues, as the Wild will be handing out numerous prizes, including a team poster. Sunday's game also features the Subway Family Four Pack, which includes four tickets, four hotdogs, four sodas and four Subway BOGO (buy on get one free) coupons, starting as low as $44. Fans may also skate on the ice after the game in the final postgame skate of the year. The Wild welcomes Chicago for the final regular season home game on Wednesday, April 16 at 7:05 p.m. Fans may purchase a $5 ticket to the game by presenting a Subway receipt at the Wells Fargo box office.
Fans may purchase single game tickets multiple ways, either through the team's website - www.Iowawild.com, Wells Fargo Arena box office or Dahl's Ticketing. Tickets are available online at www.iowawild.com under the single game tickets tab. Fans may also purchase tickets by calling 1-866-55-DAHLS (32457) or by visiting one of 13 Dahl's Food Stores locations in the greater Des Moines area, and in Ames. In order to purchase group tickets (10 or more), please call the Iowa Wild ticketing department at 515-564-8700. Fans interested in buying full season, or smaller season packages may call the Iowa Wild front office at 515-564-8700.
The Iowa Wild regular season is presented by Mercy Medical Center. Season tickets to see the Wild play at Wells Fargo Arena start at just $9 per game. For more information on tickets, please contact the Wild ticket office by calling 515-564-8700 or go to www.iowawild.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 11, 2014
- Heat Beat Barons 3-2 - Abbotsford Heat
- Hogs Stumble at Home to Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
- Kobasew, Vokoun Lead Pens to Shootout Win in Syracuse - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Monsters Fall to Comets in Shootout, 3-2 - Cleveland Monsters
- Stars Thump Rampage 5-0, Earn Franchise-Record 101st Point of the Season - Texas Stars
- Admirals Secure Playoff Spot for 12th Straight Season - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage Wrap up Road Schedule with 5-0 Loss to Stars - San Antonio Rampage
- Binghamton Survives Hershey 5-4 in Overtime - Binghamton Senators
- Crunch Fall to Penguins in Shootout, 3-2 - Syracuse Crunch
- Special Teams Power Wolves over Wild 4-1 - Chicago Wolves
- Makarov, Amerks Down Marlies for Fourth Straight Win - Rochester Americans
- Over 8,000 Sees Wild Fall to Wolves 4-1 - Iowa Wild
- Sharks Bite Back at Phantoms - Adirondack Phantoms
- Sharks Comfortably Top the Phantoms 4-1 at DCU Center - Worcester Sharks
- Senators Defeat Bears in Overtime - Hershey Bears
- Falcons Beat Pirates, Win Franchise-Record 45th Game - Springfield Falcons
- Devils Begin Weekend With Much Needed Win - Albany Devils
- P-Bruins Sink Admirals, 2-1 in OT - Providence Bruins
- Falcons Drop Pirates 5-2 - Portland Pirates
- Falcons Announce Dates for Two Home Playoff Games - Springfield Falcons
- Thiessen Spectacular Yet Bruins Take 2-1 Overtime Decision - Norfolk Admirals
- Springfield Falcons Presented with F.G. Teddy Oke Trophy - Springfield Falcons
- Sound Tigers Tripped by Devils 2-1 - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Heat Recall Eddy from Alaska - Abbotsford Heat
- Monarchs Host Fan Appreciation Night - Manchester Monarchs
- Flames Sign Forwards Bill Arnold and Johnny Gaudreau - Abbotsford Heat
- Canadiens Recall Blunden from Bulldogs - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Aucoin, Cracknell, and Rattie Recalled to NHL - Chicago Wolves
- Tim Erixon Returned on Loan to Springfield - Springfield Falcons
- Wings Recall Mrazek from Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Iowa's Jake Dowell Named Winner of AHL's Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award - AHL
- Iowa's Jake Dowell Named Fred T. Hunt Memorial Award Recipient - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Host Monsters for Regular Season Home Finale - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Islanders Recall Justin Johnson - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Lightning Recall Forward Cedric Paquette from Syracuse - Syracuse Crunch
- Sabres Recall Goaltender Connor Knapp from Amerks - Rochester Americans
- Justin Hickman Signs ATO with Sound Tigers - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Pirates Start Final Road Trip in Springfield - Portland Pirates
- Missiaen Returns to ECHL - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Bears Release Defenseman Jeff May - Hershey Bears
- Vaive's Physical Play Helps Wolf Pack Depth - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Comets Battle Lake Erie - Utica Comets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wild Stories
- Minnesota Wild Re-Signs Defenseman Louie Belpedio to a One-Year, Two-Way Contract
- Iowa Wild Announces 2019-20 Promotional Schedule
- Iowa Wild Signs Three to AHL Contracts
- Iowa Wild Announces Schedule Change
- Iowa Wild, Manitoba Moose Announce Preseason Games at Ralph Engelstad Arena at University of North Dakota