Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight
ALLEN, Texas- The Allen Americans, in conjunction with the Texas Brahmas and the Central Hockey League, have announced that tonight's game between the two clubs will be rescheduled due to weather.
The game, originally scheduled to take place at 7:30 PM tonight at the Allen Event Center, will be rescheduled for a later date.
All major school districts in the Dallas/Fort Worth area are closed again today with the major snowfall in the area overnight into this morning.
"Our principal concern is the overall safety of the players and fans of both teams, as well as the safety of our staff," Americans President Matt Canavan said. "While rescheduling a game is certainly not something we enjoy having to do, both organizations felt like it was the right thing to do in this case."
The Americans will honor any ticket from the rescheduled game on the make-up date. If fans cannot make it to the rescheduled game, the option will be available to exchange tickets for any remaining 2010-11 regular season home game.
"The weather this week in many areas of the country has certainly created some obstacles and made travel difficult on several teams," said Duane Lewis, CHL Commissioner. "But the safety of our fans, players and staffs is paramount and it is in everyone's best interest to postpone this game."
The Americans will skate Saturday night at NYTEX Sports Centre against the Texas Brahmas, with puck drop slated for 7:30 PM.
The Americans will return home to the Allen Event Center Tuesday, February 8th for a home date with the Tulsa Oilers. Tickets are available on www.allenamericans.com, at the Allen Event Center Box Office, or by calling 972-912-1000.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Allen Americans Stories
- Allen Americans Build Marketing Unit with Tyler Vertin & Casey Rusnak
- Americans Welcome Back Former Kelly Cup Winner Dyson Stevenson
- Goalie CJ Motte Returns to Allen After a Season in Europe
- Key Information for Allen Americans Ticket Members
- Americans Announce December Home Game Dates