Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona
PRESCOTT VALLEY, AZ- The Laredo Bucks of the Central Hockey League fell to the Arizona Sundogs 4-3 Friday night at Tim's Toyota Center. The loss snaps the Bucks two-game winning streak as they fall to 16-22-6 (38 points).
Laredo remains one point ahead of Rio Grande Valley for the final playoff spot in the Berry Conference and falls three points behind Arizona for seventh.
The Sundogs scored two goals in a 53 second span in the third period to erase a 3-2 Bucks lead.
After Jeff Hazelwood gave the Bucks a 3-2 lead just 19 seconds into the third Karl Sellan tied it at the 1:53 mark and Luke Erickson scored the game winning goal just 53 seconds later. Arizona snapped their six-game winless streak as they improved to 18-23-5 (41 points).
The Bucks finish their four-game road trip with a 2-2 record.
Laredo was outshot 9-7 in the third period and were outshot 36-23 in the contest.
The Sundogs would score first for the third straight game against the Bucks. Joey Sides scored from just outside the left circle on an odd-man rush 7:44 into the game. The goal was Sides' 20th of the season.
The Bucks would tie the game at 1-1 with 4:43 left in the first period when Jarred Mohr took a pass from Jeff Bes and scored on a breakaway. The goal was Mohr's sixth of the season and second in three games.
Less than a minute later Arizona would take a 2-1 lead when Joel Irving's slipped a backhander in from the left side of the crease. The goal was Irving's fourth of the season and his second in as many games.
Arizona outshot Laredo 17-5 in the first period.
The Bucks would tie the game at 2-2 at the 9:58 mark of the second when Daniel Koger struck for a power-play goal at the top of the slot. Koger, who missed the Bucks last two games with an injury, picked up his team-leading 22nd of the season and increased his point streak to seven games.
Laredo outshot Arizona 11-9 in the second period.
Torrie Jung stopped 32 of 36 shots for the Bucks while Levente Szuper set aside 20 of 23 shots for the Sundogs.
The Bucks and Sundogs will close out their three-game series Friday night at Tim's Toyota Center. Game time is 8:05pm.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.