Bucks Lose 7-2 to Bees in Regular Season Finale
LAREDO, TX: The Laredo Bucks, of the Central Hockey League, were defeated by the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees 7-2.
The Laredo Bucks and the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees faced one another for the final time for the 2011-2012 season Sunday evening in Hidalgo. Laredo was short-handed once again with only 15 skaters on the bench for the contest. The Bucks lost to the Bees Saturday night 8-2, enabling Rio Grande Valley to move into the post season.
The first period was a quiet one, with both teams playing only for pride. The opening frame flew by with only a few whistles from the referee. Both teams had 5 shots on net during the period.
The middle frame was all Killer Bees offensively. The Bees were able to find the back of the net five times in the second period. Each of the five goals was scored by a different member of the Killer Bee squad. The game turned physical after Killer Bee Brady Leavold laid a hit on Erik Boisvert. Trevor Hunt stepped in to defend his teammate, therefore dropping the mitts with Aaron Boogaard. The Bucks were outshot 14-6 in the period.
Reid Edmondson went between the legs of Ryan Rondeau to start the final period of play. The goal gave the Bees a 6-0 lead only 26 seconds into the third. The Bucks would go on the penalty kill at 5:54, when Matt Boyd was called for tripping. Neil Trimm finally put the Bucks on the board with a short-handed strike from David Inman at 6:56. Ryan Sparling scored another short-handed goal off the blocker of the Rio netminder less than a minute later. Greg Moore assisted on the goal at 7:52. Rio would go on the board once again when Reid Edmondson would get a hat-trick at 15:21, giving the Bees a 7-2 lead. The Bucks outshot the Bees 13-9 in the final period.
Make sure you log onto www.laredobucks.com to get the latest updates on your Laredo Bucks all summer long!
POST-SEASON SEASON TICKET HOLDER PARTY:
The post-season party is coming soon for all Laredo Bucks season ticket holders and corporate partners! Contact your Bucks representative for more details!
BRAND NEW WEBSITE:
The Laredo Bucks have launched their brand new website. Check it out now at www.laredobucks.com!
2012-13 BUCKS SEASON TICKETS
Call 718-BUCK (2825) today to get your 2012-13 Bucks season tickets!
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from March 25, 2012
- Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoff Schedules Announced - CHL
- Rush Announce Turner Conference Semi-Finals Schedule - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Close Regular Season with 3-1 Win Over Thunder - Allen Americans
- Todd Robinson Wins Joe Burton Scoring Award - CHL
- Killer Bees Cap Regular Season with 7-2 Rout of Laredo - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Bucks Lose 7-2 to Bees in Regular Season Finale - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks to Face Evansville in Opening Round of Playoffs - Kansas City Mavericks
- Wichita Loses 3-1 to Allen to Finish Regular Season - Wichita Thunder
- Fort Wayne Claims Turner Conference Regular Season Championship - CHL
- Mavericks Outlast Oilers in Season Finale, 6-5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday - Dayton Gems
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today - Dayton Gems
- Rush Conclude 2011-12 Regular Season with 3-2 Loss in Arizona - Rapid City Rush
- Sundogs Close Season with 3-2 Win Over Rapid City - Arizona Sundogs
- Americans Hand Brahmas Their 6th Straight Loss 3-2 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.