Dayton Gems Weekend Preview
With Wednesday's game being canceled due to the winter storm that hit the Midwest on Tuesday and Wednesday, the Dayton Gems have just one this week. The Gems will be on the road to take on Quad City at 8 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 5.
The two teams last met on Jan. 15 and things did not fare well for the Gems. Dayton ended up on the losing end of a 3-2 match-up.
The Mallards have been stumbling a bit here of late. Quad City has dropped three of its last four games and four of its last six heading into Friday. In the team's four losses, the Mallards have been outscored 13-6.
Despite the losses, Eric Giosa and Tyler Shelast have been bright spots for the Mallards. Giosa has recorded five goals over the past six games, including a hat trick against Evansville on Jan. 28. Shelast has scored three times during the same amount of time.
The Mallards also hit a season mile-marker on the Jan. 28. The four goal victory over Evansville was the largest margin of victory of the season for Quad City.
Watch Party at Boston's Bistro
With the Dayton Gems being on the road this weekend, Boston's Bistro will be hosting a Watch Party on Saturday at 8 p.m. Fans can go to Boston's Bistro on N. Main Street and watch the Gems as they take on Quad City on the road.
The Kettering Medical Center is proud to be the official title sponsor of the Gems for the 2010-11 season.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Dayton Gems Stories
- Dayton Gems Donate Thousands of Dollars to Local Family & Area First Responders
- Dayton Gems End Season After 6-2 Loss to Komets Sunday
- Gems Play Season Finale Against Komets Today
- Gems Fall in Overtime to Komets 2-1 on Saturday Night
- Gems Host Komets for "Pack the House Night"