Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win
(Hidalgo, TX) - The Rapid City Rush earned a 2-0 victory over the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees on Friday night, netting a pair of goals in the opening period that proved to be enough. Reigning CHL Goaltender of the Week, Danny Battochio, made 21 saves for his fourth career shutout and second of the season while defenseman Vladimir Hartinger netted his fourth goal in five games. The seven-game game road winning streak is the longest in Rush history and longest current streak in the league.
The Rush controlled the tempo in the first period, outshooting the Killer Bees 23-4. Veterans Vladimir Hartinger and Brendon Hodge scored just 56 seconds apart, earning a 2-0 lead for the visitors. Hartinger's 9th goals of the season came at the 12:556 mark when he knocked home a rebound that caromed off of the back boards and to the side of the net. Then the Killer Bees defense had an outlet pass batted down by Hodge, allowing the veteran to walk in alone and deke past goaltender Juliano Pagliero for the 2-0 lead.
The Rush held on for the final forty minutes and Danny Battochio turned away a combined 21 shots to preserve the 2-0 victory. Battochio won his fifth straight game to improve to 19-15-4 on the season. Hartinger now has three game-winning-goals in the last four games.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.