Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (February 4)-With the trade deadline looming for next Monday, the Texas Brahmas made a move, picking up center Sean Muncy in exchange for winger Todd Griffith and futures with the Missouri Mavericks.
The 26-year-old Muncy, began the season with the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees, playing 37 games and collecting 31 points (14 G, 17 A) before playing for Missouri. Muncy played six games with the Mavericks. In three games this year with the Bees he put up 3 points (2 G, 1 A).
Last season, the Chesterfield, MO native spent the year with the Killer Bees posting 47 points (14 G, 33 A) in 61 games, fourth best among the Rio roster. In three regular season games against Texas last year, Muncy registered a pair of assists.
Before going pro in 2009, Muncy played at Brown University for four seasons (2005-2009) amassing 29 points (11 G, 18 A). The 6-foot center reunites with former Brown University teammates Sean Hurley and Brian Ihnacak.
Muncy is expected to join the lineup next week. For ticket information for all upcoming Brahmas' games, please contact the Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.