Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas
INDEPENDENCE, Missouri - Missouri Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman announced Friday the Central Hockey League (CHL) team has traded forward Sean Muncy to the Texas Brahmas in exchange for forward Todd Griffith and future considerations.
"We needed to make a change," said Mavericks' Head Coach Scott Hillman. "This is in no way a reflection of Sean's performance, and we thank him for his efforts and wish him the best of luck."
Griffith, 26 (1/27/85), is in the midst of his fifth professional season. He played the majority of his first three seasons in the ECHL including one game with the American Hockey League's (AHL) Bridgeport Sound Tigers. The Welland, Ontario native has accumulated 168 points (89-79168) in 217 games over his four-plus year career. In the past two seasons, the 6-foot, 185-pound forward has 38 points on 17 goals and 21 assists in the CHL with Laredo and Texas.
"This will give us the opportunity to get two skilled and physical players," added Hillman. "Todd Griffith brings scoring and grit to our lineup and is a proven playoff performer."
Prior to turning pro, Griffith played four seasons of junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) where he totaled 79 goals and 66 assists for 145 points in 239 games.
The Mavericks will also receive another player from the Brahmas prior to the CHL's trade deadline this Monday, February 7.
Missouri heads to Mississippi on Tuesday, February 8 before three-straight games against the Eagles. The Mavericks will host the Eagles on Friday, February 11 before heading to Loveland for two more games at Budweiser Events Center. Tickets are available for all Mavericks home games at the Independence Events Center Box Office, by calling (800) 745-3000 or visiting www.TicketMaster.com . Visit www.MissouriMavericks.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Mavericks Sign Veteran Forward Anthony Collins
- Kansas City Mavericks Blood Drive to Benefit Local Patients
- Mavericks Announce First Portion of 2020-21 Regular Season Schedule
- Mavericks Bring on Rookie Winger Anthony Rinaldi for 2020-21
- ECHL Confirms Start Date for 2020-21 Season