Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month
February 4, 2011 - Central Hockey League (CHL) News Release
TEMPE, AZ (February 4, 2011) -The Central Hockey League announced today that David Brown of the Quad City Mallards has been named the Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month for January/2011. Brown will receive a Sher-Wood/CHL logoed watch courtesy of Sher-Wood and the Central Hockey League to recognize his accomplishment.
Additionally, Brown will be awarded 1,000 CHL Loyalty Rewards points. More than 20,000 people have joined the fastest growing sports affinity program in the past year, learn more or become a member at www.chlpoints.com.
Brown finished the month with a 5-2-1 record along with two shutouts. In eight games, he allowed just 11 goals with three of those coming in one game (a 4-2 loss to Tulsa on Jan. 7). The Stoney Creek, Ontario native allowed no more than two goals in any of his other appearances. His goals against average for January was a miniscule 1.37 while carrying a .958 save percentage.
On the season, the 6-0, 185-pound goalie is tops in the league with a .928 save percentage, while carrying a league-low 2.37 goals against average. His overall record is 12-11-3 but it reflects an 8-4-1 mark with a league-best three shutouts since mid-December.
Other players receiving consideration for the monthly award for January include Allen's Chris Whitley, Bloomington's Marco Emond, Colorado's Kyle Jones, Fort Wayne's Nick Boucher and Kevin Reiter, Mississippi's Larry Sterling, Rapid City's Tim Boron, Texas' Wayne Savage, Tulsa's Trevor Cann and Wichita's Marc-Antoine Gelinas.
Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month
David Brown, Quad City Mallards
Games - 8
Record - 5-2-1
Shutouts - 2
Goals Allowed - 11
Saves - 250
GAA - 1.37
Save% - .958
Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - Previous Winners
October - Brian Foster, Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
November - Kyle Jones, Colorado Eagles
December - Robby Nolan, Missouri Mavericks
January - David Brown, Quad City Mallards
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.