Perreault Returns to Mallards
MOLINE, Ill. (February 4, 2011) - The Quad City Mallards of the "AA" Central Hockey League today announced they have signed defenseman Jacques Perreault and have waived forward Kevin Cooper.
Perreault, 25, returns to the Mallards after starting the season with the Edinburgh Capitals of Britain's Elite Ice Hockey League. Perreault scored six times and recorded 17 points in 26 games with the Capitals.
As a rookie last season, Perreault scored six goals and totaled 20 points in 72 International Hockey League games with the Mallards.
Perreault made his return to the ice with the Flock last year after injury kept him out of action as a senior at Northeastern University in 2008-09. The injury bug also limited the 6' 4", 215-pound Perreault to just 10 games as a junior in 2007-08. In two plus campaigns with the Huskies, the Grosse Pointe Farms, Michigan, native collected five points in 60 games.
Cooper picked up three assists in eight games after joining the Mallards last month.
The Mallards return to action tonight at 7:05 p.m. on home ice against the Bloomington PrairieThunder. The first 1,000 fans ages 18 and over through the doors for tonight's game will receive free Mallards black adult replica jersey courtesy of Q106.5 and WQAD News 8.
Tickets for tonight's game- and all Mallards regular season home games- are available in person at the i wireless Center box office, at Ticketmaster outlets, through www.ticketmaster.com or through Ticketmaster charge-by-phone toll free at 1-800-745-3000. The ticket office is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., on Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and on game days other than Sunday from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the first period. On Sundays on which the Mallards play at home, the ticket office is open from 1:00 p.m. until the end of the first period.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Quad City Mallards Stories
- Mallards Clearance Sale this Week
- Motte, Osipov Head to AHL
- Mallards Rally to Win Finale
- Mallards Game Day
- Mallards Battle from Behind for 5-4 Shootout Victory over Wings