PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night
The Bloomington PrairieThunder rallied from a 3-0 deficit on two late goals but the comeback fell short as Bloomington lost 3-2 to the Quad City Mallards on Friday night at the i wireless Center in Moline, Illinois. With the loss, the PrairieThunder's record is 24-15-2 and the Mallards improved to 24-18-1. Bloomington lost for the fifth time in seven games against Quad City.
Trailing 3-0 late in the third period, Bloomington got goals from Jason Dale (his 14th at 17:08 of the third period) and Jon Booras (his 15rh at 18:37) but couldn't get the equalizer. Quad City's Bob Preece scored the game winner at 3:20 of the third period.
PrairieThunder Note: The Central Hockey League Trading Deadline is this coming Monday, February 7th at 3pm central. That means that Head Coach Jason Christie may have a very busy Super Bowl Sunday.
Bloomington stays on the road on Wednesday night (February 9th) when they travel to Indiana to face the Fort Wayne Komets. The PrairieThunder's next home game is next Friday, February 11th against the Mississippi RiverKings at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.