PrairieThunder Season Comes To An End With 6-3 Loss At Fort Wayne
The Bloomington PrairieThunder was swept three games to none in the CHL's Turner Conference Quarterfinals, losing 6-3 to the Fort Wayne Komets on Wednesday night in Indiana. The Komets Frankie DeAngelis scored the game winner at 6:34 of the second period. And the CHL's leading playoff scorer, Mathieu Curadeau, did more damage scoring the game's first goal and adding an assist for Fort Wayne.
Bloomington actually had a 2-1 lead early in the second period on goals from Brodie Sheahan and Karl Fournier. And after Fort Wayne made it 4-2, Jason Williams scored for the PrairieThunder at 6:54 of the third period but the Komets would put the game away with two late goals.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 6, 2011
- Mudbugs Eliminate Arizona From Playoffs - Arizona Sundogs
- Aikins, DeCaro Lift Mudbugs into Second Round - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Komets Sweep PrairieThunder in Opening Round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Eliminate Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Game Five Comeback Ends in Heartbreak - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles Advance With Game 4 Win Over Quad City - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Season Comes To An End With 6-3 Loss At Fort Wayne - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brennan Recalled by Chicago Wolves - Allen Americans
- Bucks Send out Survey to Fans - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Face Wichita Tonight in Decisive Game 5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Announce Round Two Home Dates - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Mascot Does Downtown Time Thursday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Re-Take Series Lead in Game 3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.