Brennan Recalled by Chicago Wolves
April 6, 2011- ALLEN, Texas- The Allen Americans have announced that the Chicago Wolves (AHL) have recalled forward Kip Brennan.
Brennan, 30, has played in 34 games for Allen this season, collecting 23 points (8g, 15a), alongside 174 penalty minutes. The Kingston, Ontario native has also skated in 11 games for the Wolves during 2010-11, registering a goal and 40 penalty minutes.
In 323 career games in the American Hockey League, Brennan has notched 26 goals along with 22 assists.
A former 4th round draft pick of the Los Angeles Kings in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, Brennan has also skated in 61 NHL games, accumulating 222 penalty minutes.
The Wolves will close out the regular season portion of their schedule this weekend skating at Peoria Friday, before returning home to face San Antonio and Rockford Saturday and Sunday.
Meanwhile, Allen awaits its second round opponent in the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoffs, after sweeping the Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees in Round One.
The dates, for the second round home dates have been announced however. Games one and two of the Second Round playoff series will take place on Thursday, April 14th at 7:30 PM, and Sunday, April 17th at 6:00 PM. If necessary, game five will also take place at the Allen Event Center, at a date to be determined. Tickets for Americans postseason action can be found at www.allenamericans.com, or at the Allen Event Center Box Office. For more information, please call 972-912-1000.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 6, 2011
- Mudbugs Eliminate Arizona From Playoffs - Arizona Sundogs
- Aikins, DeCaro Lift Mudbugs into Second Round - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Komets Sweep PrairieThunder in Opening Round - Fort Wayne Komets
- Eagles Eliminate Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Game Five Comeback Ends in Heartbreak - Wichita Thunder
- Eagles Advance With Game 4 Win Over Quad City - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Season Comes To An End With 6-3 Loss At Fort Wayne - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Brennan Recalled by Chicago Wolves - Allen Americans
- Bucks Send out Survey to Fans - Laredo Bucks
- Mavericks Face Wichita Tonight in Decisive Game 5 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Americans Announce Round Two Home Dates - Allen Americans
- RiverKings Mascot Does Downtown Time Thursday - Mississippi RiverKings
- Mudbugs Re-Take Series Lead in Game 3 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.