PrairieThunder this Week
Having dropped the first two games of the best-of-five playoff series against the Fort Wayne Komets, the Bloomington PrairieThunder have headed on the road this morning to Fort Wayne, Indiana where they will play game #3 of the series on Wednesday night at the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum. The PrairieThunder will be without the services of forward Garrett Klotz who was recalled to the Adirondack (Glens Falls, New York) Phantoms of the American Hockey League. Adirondack is the "AAA" affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers. The Phantoms have a home game on Wednesday night against the Albany Devils.
Turner Conference Quarterfinals (Best of Five) / Series "C"
Game #1: Saturday 4/2: At Bloomington (7:05pm): Fort Wayne 5, PrairieThunder 2
Game #2: Sunday 4/3: At Bloomington (3:05pm): Fort Wayne 3, PrairieThunder 1
Game #3: Wednesday 4/6: @ Fort Wayne (6:30pm / Central)
Game #4: Friday 4/8: @ Fort Wayne (7:00pm / Central) If Needed
Game #5: Sunday 4/10: At Bloomington (3:05pm) If Needed
This Day in PrairieThunder History
April 5th, 2008: The Bloomington PrairieThunder established a professional hockey record at all levels by scoring four goals in a :35 second span during the first period of a 9-4 victory at Flint, Michigan. Scoring the PrairieThunder goals were current PThunder players Jon Booras and Brett Holmberg along with John Nail and Neil Clark.
Wednesday's Playoff Game #3 Preview
Wednesday, April 6th: 6:30pm (central) AT Fort Wayne Komets
WJBC-AM (1230), WJBC-FM (93.7), WJBC.com, CHL-TV
Fans are invited to watch the game at BlueLine Nightclub located at 602 N. Main Street
Third game of the playoff series against the Komets. In Fort Wayne this season, the PrairieThunder won four of five games:
11/5/10: Bloomington 4, Fort Wayne 0
12/3/10: Bloomington 5, Fort Wayne 3
1/22/11: Bloomington 4, Fort Wayne 3
2/ 9/11: Fort Wayne 7, Bloomington 1
3/20/11: Bloomington 4, Fort Wayne 2
After two playoff games, Travis Granbois (1 goal & 1 assist) and Aaron Dawson (2 assists) lead the team in scoring with two points each.....Granbois, Jason Deleurme, and Brodie Sheahan have been the goal scorers for the PrairieThunder.....Brett Holmberg and Karl Fournier lead the team with nine shots each.....Fort Wayne's Mathieu Curadeau not only leads the Komets in playoff scoring with six points (3 goals & 3 assists), he leads all of the CHL in playoff scoring.
PrairieThunder 2011-12 Season Tickets
Bloomington PrairieThunder 2011-12 season tickets are on sale every day, Monday through Friday, at the PrairieThunder offices located at 318 W. Washington Street in downtown Bloomington. For season ticket information please call 309-585-0507. Tickets for this Sunday's playoff game #5 against Fort Wayne are on sale at the U.S. Cellular Coliseum Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2011
- Mudbugs Down Arizona 5-1, Grab 2-1 Series Lead - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Defeated In Third Period - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Donate $15,000 To Charity Partners - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Fall To Oilers, Series Tied 2-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Blank Mallards 2-0, Push Flock to Brink - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Force Game 5 with 2-1 Win Over Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Odessa Leads Best-of-Five Series, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavs Force Game Five on Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Penner Gets Shutout as Eagles Take Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Gems End Season With 4-3 Loss To Rapid City - Dayton Gems
- Rush Complete Sweep Of Gems, Move On To Round Two - Rapid City Rush
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets and Thunder Clash Wednesday in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.