Sundogs Donate $15,000 To Charity Partners
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Ariz. - The Arizona Sundogs of the Central Hockey League donated $15,000 to five of the organization's charity partners Tuesday night during the first intermission of Game 3 against the Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs.
Individual donations of $3,000 each were presented to representatives of the Boys and Girls Clubs of Central Arizona, Prescott Area Habitat for Humanity, Yavapai Food Bank, Prevent Child Abuse Arizona and West Yavapai Guidance Clinic Foundation by Arizona Sundogs co-owners Brad Fain and Ed Lepordo.
The Sundogs earlier in the season also donated $3,000 in tickets to Yavapai Big Brothers Big Sisters to be used throughout the 2010-11 campaign.
In five years, the Arizona Sundogs organization has raised nearly $400,000 for charitable organizations throughout Northern Arizona.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2011
- Mudbugs Down Arizona 5-1, Grab 2-1 Series Lead - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Defeated In Third Period - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Donate $15,000 To Charity Partners - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Fall To Oilers, Series Tied 2-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Blank Mallards 2-0, Push Flock to Brink - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Force Game 5 with 2-1 Win Over Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Odessa Leads Best-of-Five Series, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavs Force Game Five on Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Penner Gets Shutout as Eagles Take Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Gems End Season With 4-3 Loss To Rapid City - Dayton Gems
- Rush Complete Sweep Of Gems, Move On To Round Two - Rapid City Rush
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets and Thunder Clash Wednesday in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.