RiverKings Fall To Oilers, Series Tied 2-2
SOUTHAVEN, MS --- The Mississippi RiverKings fell to the Tulsa Oilers 4-1 on Tuesday, April 5th at the DeSoto Civic Center in Southaven. The Tulsa victory tied the series at 2-2 with a deciding fifth game coming up in Tulsa on Saturday, April 9th at 7:35 PM.
Tulsa took a 1-0 lead in the first period with a power play goal scored by Michel Beausoleil at 17:18, tipping in a feed to the crease from Chad Costello. Jack Combs also assisted on the goal as the Oilers took the first intermission lead, despite the RiverKings outshooting the Oilers 8-7 in the session.
But, Andrew Lackner tied it up for the RiverKings at 7:28 of the second period with an unassisted drive from the left wall for a 1-1 after two periods, the first time in the series the teams have been tied up going into the final period of play.
However, the Oilers broke the game open in the final period with a trio of goals. John Mori scored the eventual game-winning goal shorthanded at 3:32 on an assist from Braden Walls for a 2-1 lead.
Chad Costello completed the contest with a pair of goals, one at 5:53 and the second at 11:05 for the final 4-1 result.
Mississippi outshot the Oilers 31-22 in the game, but went scoreless on the power play in nine tries. Tulsa scored once in six power play chances and scored once shorthanded.
Trevor Cann won his second straight game in goal for Tulsa with a 30-save effort. Mississippi's Alexander Pechurskiy made 18 saves in 22 shots.
Tulsa vs. Mississippi (all times PM)
Game 1 - Thu., Mar. 31 - Mississippi 7, at Tulsa 3
Game 2 - Fri., Apr. 1 - Mississippi 3, at Tulsa 1
Game 3 - Sun., Apr. 3 - Tulsa 4, at Mississippi 3
Game 4 - Tue., Apr. 5 - Tulsa 4, at Mississippi 1 (Series Tied 2-2)
*Game 5 - Sat., Apr. 9 - Mississippi at Tulsa, 7:35
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2011
- Mudbugs Down Arizona 5-1, Grab 2-1 Series Lead - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Defeated In Third Period - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Donate $15,000 To Charity Partners - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Fall To Oilers, Series Tied 2-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Blank Mallards 2-0, Push Flock to Brink - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Force Game 5 with 2-1 Win Over Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Odessa Leads Best-of-Five Series, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavs Force Game Five on Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Penner Gets Shutout as Eagles Take Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Gems End Season With 4-3 Loss To Rapid City - Dayton Gems
- Rush Complete Sweep Of Gems, Move On To Round Two - Rapid City Rush
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets and Thunder Clash Wednesday in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.