Komets and Thunder Clash Wednesday in Fort Wayne
Fort Wayne, IN. -- The Komets will host the Bloomington PrairieThunder Wednesday night at 7:30 ET for game three of the CHL Turner Conference Opening Round best-of-five playoff series.
The Komets own a 2-0 series lead and can advance to the Turner Conference Semifinals with a win. If game four is needed, it will be held Friday in Fort Wayne at 8pm. Game five, if necessary, will be skated at Bloomington Sunday at 4:05pm ET.
The Komets gained a 2-0 series advantage with 5-2 and 3-1 wins at Bloomington last Saturday and Sunday. Fort Wayne is skating it's first CHL and 51st overall playoff campaign (43 IHL, 7 UHL, 1 CHL). The CHL Opening Round is the Komets' 95th playoff series since 1952.
Doing it again -- Fort Wayne's head coach Al Sims has started his ninth Fort Wayne playoff season and has won championships his last four straight with the Komets. Goalie Nick Boucher is in his fourth Fort Wayne playoff season after collecting three consecutive championships. Veteran defenseman Guy Dupuis has celebrated the start of his 12th post season with the Komets. Center Colin Chaulk is skating his seventh Fort Wayne playoffs while left wing P.C. Druin, center Leo Thomas and right wing Sean O'Connor have entered their third. Making their second Fort Wayne post season appearance are center Mathieu Curadeau, goaltender Kevin Reiter, right wing Kaleigh Schrock and defensemen Frankie DeAngelis and Bobby Phillips,
After the first two games -- Netminder Nick Boucher won both games allowing three goals on 67 shots for a 1.55 goals-against average and .955 save percentage. The Komets were 5/11 on the power play (45.5%) and 11/12 on the penalty kill (91.7%). Scoring in each game were Mathieu Curadeau (3 goals, 3 assists), Frankie DeAngelis (3 assists), Leo Thomas (2 goals) and Tab Lardner (1 goal, 1 assist).
Opening Round at a glance --
FORT WAYNE KOMETS VS BLOOMINGTON PRAIRIETHUNDER
CHL Presidents' Cup Playoffs Opening Round, best-of-five series
Fort Wayne leads series 2-0
Game 1) Saturday, April 2 -- Fort Wayne 5 at Bloomington 2
Game 2) Sunday, April 3 -- Fort Wayne 3 at Bloomington 1
Game 3) Wednesday, April 6 -- Bloomington at Fort Wayne, 7:30pm ET
*Game 4) Friday, April 8 -- Bloomington at Fort Wayne, 8:00pm ET
*Game 5) Sunday, April 10 -- Fort Wayne at Bloomington, 4:05pm ET
All Komet playoff action can be heard on Fort Wayne radio WOWO AM 1190 with Bob Chase calling the play-by-play in his 58th season behind the Fort Wayne microphone and online at Xfinity KometCast.
Playoff tickets for the Komets' first two home playoff games are on sale at the Coliseum Ticket Office and online at TicketMaster.com . Season tickets for 2011-12 are also now on sale. For more information visit the Komet office, call 260-483-0011.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 5, 2011
- Mudbugs Down Arizona 5-1, Grab 2-1 Series Lead - Arizona Sundogs
- Texas Defeated In Third Period - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Sundogs Donate $15,000 To Charity Partners - Arizona Sundogs
- RiverKings Fall To Oilers, Series Tied 2-2 - Mississippi RiverKings
- Eagles Blank Mallards 2-0, Push Flock to Brink - Quad City Mallards
- Mavericks Force Game 5 with 2-1 Win Over Thunder - Kansas City Mavericks
- Odessa Leads Best-of-Five Series, 2-1 - Odessa Jackalopes
- Nolan, Mavs Force Game Five on Thunder - Wichita Thunder
- Penner Gets Shutout as Eagles Take Series Lead - Colorado Eagles
- Gems End Season With 4-3 Loss To Rapid City - Dayton Gems
- Rush Complete Sweep Of Gems, Move On To Round Two - Rapid City Rush
- PrairieThunder this Week - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Komets and Thunder Clash Wednesday in Fort Wayne - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Fort Wayne Komets Stories
- Petruzzelli Returns to Komet Lineup
- Kehler reassigned to Fort Wayne, Villalta reassigned to Ontario
- Komets Gain Three Points in Week 6; Walleye Visit Friday, Nailers Here Saturday
- Fort Wayne's Szydlowski Named ECHL Player of the Week
- Komets Sweep Wings at Kalamazoo; Wings Visit Friday; Tip-A-Komet Tuesday