Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed
BOSSIER CITY, LA - The Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs of the Central Hockey League today announced that due to continuing snowfall and winter weather conditions throughout the Ark-La-Tex, tonight's game against the Evansville IceMen has been postponed. The game will now be played on Wednesday, February 16 at 6:35 pm.
"In the interests of public safety, we feel like it is the right decision to postpone tonight's game," said Mudbugs owner Tommy Scott. "We certainly don't want to put anyone in harm's way just for a hockey game, and that includes all the fans as well as team and arena staff. We would rather re-schedule the game than see people take any chances in this weather."
The game between the Mudbugs and IceMen will now be played in 12 days on Wednesday, February 16 right after the âBugs next home game on Tuesday, February 15 against the Wichita Thunder.
Season ticket holders, mini-plan holders and single-game ticket buyers are reminded that their tickets marked with tonight's date (for Mudbugs home game #20) will be honored for the game on the new date. Group tickets, however, must be exchanged at the Mudbugs office prior to the game being played.
If you have ticket-related questions regarding the re-scheduling of tonight's game or exchanging your tickets, please contact the team office at 318-752-BUGS to speak to an account manager. For all the latest team news and information, log on to www.mudbugshockey.com .
Season and group tickets are on sale by calling 318-752-BUGS (2847) or by visiting our website at www.mudbugshockey.com.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL