Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On
NORTH RICHLAND HILLS, Texas (February 4)-The Texas Brahmas, in conjunction with the Central Hockey League (CHL), have announced the contest between the Brahmas and Allen Americans scheduled for today has been cancelled due to inclement weather conditions. The game will be rescheduled for a later date.
Despite tonight's postponement, the cross town rivalry is still slated for Saturday as Texas hosts Allen tomorrow night at the NYTEX Sports Centre for a 7:30 pm faceoff. The perfect fix from the icy conditions is to watch ice at its best with ice hockey; the game will be the sole sporting event going on in North Texas. The first 1000 fans at the game will receive a free Brahmas mini-stick; doors open an hour prior to game time.
REID ADDED TO BRAHMAS NET
Changing weather brings change in net for the Brahmas as they added goaltender Scott Reid to their roster Friday afternoon. Reid, a nine season veteran, comes to Texas following a career in the CHL, AHL (American Hockey League), ECHL (East Coast Hockey League), and recently overseas in the EIHL. Before joining Texas, Reid played for the Ediburgh Capitals club in Scotland. The Grande Prairie, ALTA native holds a record of 169-149-36 in his career. The Brahmas waived goaltender Kevin Beech Thursday.
WOOLLARD NAMED THIRD STAR IN "OAKLEY'S THREE STARS"
Brahmas forward Chadd Woollard was named the third star in Oakley's three star program for the month of January. In the month, Woollard registered 19 points, scoring first star honors twice, second star honors twice and third star honors three times. The Brahmas leading goal scorer recorded eight goals and nine assists including a pair of game winning goals.
ZUROMA TO HOST BIG GAME PARTY SUNDAY
Unwilling to pay the big ticket price for the big game at Cowboys Stadium Sunday No fear, enjoy great food and company at ZuRoma at the NYTEX Sports Centre for the game on February 6. For more information please check www.zuroma.net or www.nytexsports.com .
BRAHMAS METROPLEX RIVALRY TO AIR ON CABLE THIS SUNDAY
The Texas Channel, previously known as Metro Sports, on Time Warner Cable will air the Brahmas and Americans game on Saturday, February 5 at the NYTEX Sports Centre. The Texas Channel will feature the game which can be found on channel 185 on Time Warner Cable for all subscribers throughout the Metroplex. Saturday's game will first air on Sunday, February 7 at 7 pm. The schedule for more airings will be released shortly.
For ticket information for all upcoming Brahmas' games, please contact the Box Office at (817) 336-4423 or visit www.brahmas.com .
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.