Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks
ODESSA, TX - Adam Hogg scored both goals, Kyle Jones stopped 35 shots, and the Colorado Eagles (27-15-2) held on in the end as they topped the Odessa Jackalopes (19-20-5) by 2-1 final on Friday night at the Ector County Coliseum. The Jackalopes now find themselves in a five-game losing streak with the loss, their longest of the season.
Hogg's game-winner came with 7:37 to play in the contest after Matt Glasser found him alone at the front of the net. The Eagles' forward now has five goals in just two games this season played at the Ector County Coliseum. Hogg also scored a hat trick in a 5-2 win for Colorado back on November 30th.
After a scoreless first period, Odessa's Sebastien Thinel made it a 1-0 lead 7:57 into period two with a rebound goal in the right circle from a Kevin Seibel shot. The assist for Seibel makes it three straight games with a point for the Jacks. Thinel improved his league-leading point total to 69 on the year.
Hogg answered back for Colorado with just over five minutes to play in the frame with a rebound goal of his own. During a segment of 4-on-4 hockey, Aaron Schneekloth carried the puck to the front of net before triggering a shot from the slot to set up the Hogg tally.
Friday's game was the fourth straight meeting between the Jackalopes and Eagles that was decided by one goal.
Michel Robinson made 32 saves in the loss for Odessa.
The two teams wrap up their weekend set on Saturday at 7:05 PM CST at the Ector County Coliseum. The action can be heard on Classic Rock 102.1 FM.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from February 4, 2011
- Battochio Continues Dominance in Texas, Earns 2-0 Shutout Win - Rapid City Rush
- Eagles Hold on for 2-1 Win Over Jacks - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bucks Lose Final Game in Arizona - Laredo Bucks
- Auger Heroics Net RiverKings Overtime Win Over Oilers - Mississippi RiverKings
- Pair Of First Period Goals By Rush Beat Bees - Rio Grande Valley Killer Bees
- Thunder Suffers Tough Loss in Shootout - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Hold on for 3-2 Win - Quad City Mallards
- Hogg Leads Eagles Past Jackalopes - Colorado Eagles
- PrairieThunder Lose 3-2 at Quad City on Friday Night - Bloomington PrairieThunder
- Odessa's Joel Martin Signs with Ny Islanders - CHL
- Trade Made: Brahmas Get Sean Muncy from Mavs - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Mavericks Acquire Foreward Todd Griffith in Trade with Texas - Kansas City Mavericks
- Joel Martin Signs with NHL's Islanders - Odessa Jackalopes
- Two More Games Postponed Due to Winter Storm - CHL
- Mallards' Brown Named Sher-Wood CHL Goaltender of the Month for January - Quad City Mallards
- Tonight's Mudbugs Game V. Evansville Postponed - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Quad City's David Brown Named Sher-Wood Central Hockey League Goaltender of the Month - CHL
- Americans Vs Brahmas Postponed Tonight - Allen Americans
- Friday Game in Allen Cancelled, Saturday Game Still On - Fort Worth Brahmas
- Dayton Gems Weekend Preview - Dayton Gems
- Perreault Returns to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- New Bucks Insider Saturday on Fox 39 - Laredo Bucks
- RiverKings Host Tulsa for Two this Weekend - Mississippi RiverKings
- Shots from the Point for February 4, 2011 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.