Allen Wins Game Five to End Jacks' Season
ALLEN, TX - Colton Yellow Horn's empty-net goal in the final minute of play closed the door on the 2010-11 season for the Odessa Jackalopes by sealing a 3-1 win for the Allen Americans on Friday night at the Allen Event Center. With the win, the Americans advance to the Conference Final round of the Ray Miron Presidents' Cup Playoffs.
The Jackalopes pulled their goaltender with just over a minute remaining, and trailing 2-1, after killing off a Sebastien Thinel cross-checking penalty.
Dave Bonk's goal with six seconds left in the second period proved to be the game-winner, as Allen took the lead on a scrum at the front of the net at the end of the frame.
Scott Langdon gave the American's a 1-0 lead 8:38 into the contest when a bouncing puck in front ended up in the net after hitting off his foot. Mike Ramsay tied the game on the power play with Odessa's only goal of the night with 10 second left in the period.
Joel Martin stopped 38 of 40 shots for the Jackalopes in the losing effort. Chris Whitley put in an 18-save performance for Allen.
For the just the third time in league history, the Americans erased an 0-2 deficit in the best-of-series to win and advance after a controversial, game four win in Odessa gave them a chance to close the series on home ice. It was the second straight season the Jackalopes fell to Allen in the final game of a playoff series.
The Jacks will hold and season-ending party for their fans on Tuesday night. Call 432-552-7825 or visit Jackalopes.org for more information.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2011
- Allen Wins Game Five to End Jacks' Season - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bugs Win in OT to Force Game 5 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Komets even series with 4-1 win over Rush - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets Force Game #5 with 4-1 Win; Game #5 Set for Sunday @ 6:05PM at the RPCC - Rapid City Rush
- Mudbugs Face Must-Win Game 4 Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Shots from the Point for April 22 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.