Komets even series with 4-1 win over Rush
Fort Wayne, IN - The Komets forced a deciding game 5 with a 4-1 win over the visiting Rapid City Rush Friday night in Fort Wayne before 8,687 fans at the Memorial Coliseum.
The Komets evened the best-of-5 Turner Conference semifinals at 2-2. The deciding game will be held Sunday at Rapid City at 8:05pm ET.
P.C. Drouin, Michael Ratchuk, Colin Chaulk and Mathieu Curadeau each figured in the Fort Wayne scoring. Chaulk added a pair of assists for a three-point night while Artem Podshendyalo earned a pair of points assisting on Ratchuk's game winner and Chaulk's tally.
Komet goaltender Kevin Reiter earned first-star honors stopping 42 of 43 Rapid City shots for the victory. The Komets chased Rush's Danny Battochio from the game after the netminder allowed four goals on 23 shots to take the loss. Tom Boron stopped all seven Komet shots he faced in 24:01 of relief.
Season tickets for 2011-12 are now on sale. For more information visit the Komet office, call 260-483-0011 or click here.
All Komet playoff action can be heard on Fort Wayne radio WOWO AM 1190 with Bob Chase calling the play-by-play in his 58th season behind the Fort Wayne microphone and online right here at Xfinity KometCast.
• Discuss this story on the Central Hockey League message board...
Central Hockey League Stories from April 22, 2011
- Allen Wins Game Five to End Jacks' Season - Odessa Jackalopes
- Bugs Win in OT to Force Game 5 - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Komets even series with 4-1 win over Rush - Fort Wayne Komets
- Komets Force Game #5 with 4-1 Win; Game #5 Set for Sunday @ 6:05PM at the RPCC - Rapid City Rush
- Mudbugs Face Must-Win Game 4 Tonight - Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs
- Shots from the Point for April 22 - CHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.