Americans Rally for 7-4 Win over Wichita
Allen, Texas - After taking a shutout victory from the clutches of the Thunder last night, the Americans looked to once again find their winning ways, this time at home, hosting the Thunder at the Allen Event Center in front of the biggest crowd of the season, 5, 686. The Americans would secure another win against the Thunder, winning 7-4.
The first period offered all the offense that last night's 1-0 Allen win did not. In a goal scoring explosion, the Americans kicked things off early with a goal from Chris Crane, his 19th on the season. However, Wichita would quickly jump back with three straight unanswered goals. Kale Kerbashian would account for two of them, and Kenton Miller with the other. Just after the halfway point of the first period, Greger Hanson would score the fifth goal of the first period. The opening frame would simmer after that, ending with Wichita in front, 3-2.
Eric Roy would score on a 5-on-3 Power Play opportunity with a one-timer from the point, drawing even on the Thunder, 3-3. The Americans would not be able to hold on to that lead going into the second intermission, as Kerbashian finished his hat trick performance, giving the Thunder the lead once again with 17 seconds left in the second period.
Aaron Gens would be able to once again put the Americans back into a tie game, as he cashed in for the second Allen Power Play goal of the game. With the score knotted at 4-4, it took a stroke of luck (or genius, depending on who you ask) to break yet another tie game. It was the second of the game for Gens, and that proved to be all that was needed to secure another win over the Wichita Thunder. Vincent Arseneau would add on some insurance with a goal of his own with just over two minutes remaining in the game.
Crane would also tack on another goal, securing a three-point night. That would finish things off for Wichita, with a 7-4 Allen victory.
The Americans will hit the ice once again against the Wichita Thunder tomorrow afternoon, Sunday, February 28th, at 4:05 pm CST.
Images from this story
Allen Americans Score vs. the Wichita Thunder
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 27, 2016
- Kerbashian Nets Hat Trick in 7-4 Loss to Allen - Wichita Thunder
- Jackals Wheel Past Nailers, 7-4 - Elmira Jackals
- Lazo's Shorthanded Goal in Third Sinks Aces - Alaska Aces
- Eagles Win Fourth Straight - Colorado Eagles
- Solar Bears Doubled up by Wings in 4-2 Loss - Orlando Solar Bears
- Americans Rally for 7-4 Win over Wichita - Allen Americans
- Indy Spoils Cincinnati Sellout with Shootout Victory - Indy Fuel
- Rush Split with Flock - Rapid City Rush
- Stingrays Skate Past 'Blades 5-3 - Florida Everblades
- IceMen Cap Pink Weekend with OT Win over Atlanta - Evansville IceMen
- Swamp Rabbits Let Walleye off the Hook in 5-2 Loss - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Stingrays Beat Everblades 5-3 to Earn Fifth Straight Victory - South Carolina Stingrays
- Diamond, Manchester Cuts Through Norfolk - Norfolk Admirals
- Oilers Defeated by Komets, 2-1 - Tulsa Oilers
- Cyclones Drop Shootout Thriller in Front of Record Crowd - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bootland Makes History In Wings' Victory - Kalamazoo Wings
- IceMen Tie Game Late, Defeat Gladiators in OT 2-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Royals Claim First Shootout Win of the Season in Adirondack, 5-4 - Reading Royals
- Rush Topples Mallards 5-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Jackals End Wheeling's Five-Game Winning Streak - Wheeling Nailers
- Monarchs Gut out 5-4 Win over Admirals - Manchester Monarchs
- Three Goal Second Period Lifts Walleye to a 5-2 Win over Greenville - Toledo Walleye
- Game Day Preview: Wichita Thunder at Allen Americans - Allen Americans
- Mallards Game Day - Quad City Mallards
- ECHL Transactions - February 27 - ECHL
- Cyclones Game Notes: February 27 vs. Indy - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Foster Reassigned to Solar Bears by Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Baker Bound for Manitoba - Quad City Mallards
- Goaltender Martin Ouellette Recalled from Reading to Lehigh Valley - Reading Royals
- Cyclones Announce Sellout for Weekend Finale - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Bakersfield Recalls Goalie Ty Rimmer - Norfolk Admirals
- Gameday: Adirondack vs. Reading - Adirondack Thunder
- Thunder to Honor Local Hockey Heroes at Tonight's Game - Adirondack Thunder
- Jackals Travel to Wheeling for Weekend Set at WesBanco Arena - Elmira Jackals
- Nailers vs. Jackals Game Day Snap Shot - Wheeling Nailers
- Game Preview: South Carolina at Florida, 7:00 p.m. - South Carolina Stingrays
- Thunder Acquire Rookie Forward from Quad City - Wichita Thunder
- Mallards Trade Koules to Wichita - Quad City Mallards
- Manitoba Recalls Fronk and Serville - Tulsa Oilers
- Monarchs Game Day Capsule - Manchester Monarchs
- Oilers at Komets Tonight: Game Preview - Tulsa Oilers
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Allen, February 27th - Wichita Thunder
- ECHL Today - February 27 - ECHL
- Idaho Battles for Point, But Grizzlies Take Shootout - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.